Your opinion??

edited March 2011 in March 2011
Just wondering how people feel about abortions or adoptions. I've never had a abortion and I'm pregnant now and thinking about putting my child up for adoption since this pregnancy was unplanned and I can not afford another child. Birth control was used but failed, and now since I'm pregnant the father decided he wanted to leave, so I'm doing this solo and just don't know how I'm going to make it. I'm just looking for opinions or suggestions from anyone out there.

Comments

• My opinion is abortion is worse. Good luck hun with your decision. :)
  • Agree giving that baby a chance to live in my opinion is a thousand times better:)
  • I think abortion is worse. With adoption a child gets a home, a family gets a child, n the mother gets the satisfaction of providing that.
  • Adoption is a wonderful option and gives you the opportunity to give another person or family something they've always wanted. In my opinion, adoption is one of the hardest, and most selfless decisions you can make if you know you aren't able to care for a child in the way they need you to. Congratulations on whatever decision you choose!
  • I'm sorry to hear the situation but I think that adoption is is a great choice. I'm sure its not the easiest but someone will be very glad you did.
  • Abortion, not only does the baby not have a chance to be born. But the mother has to live with that missing piece of herself for the rest of her life.
  • Adoption is giving the baby a chance to live. Abortion is murder... we all have our own veiws of it... thats just my veiw. Good luck to u. Giving a baby a chance at life and putting it up for adoption is nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Adoption by far is the best way. There are a lot of places where u can keep your information open to the child in case they want to contact u later. There are so many people that want children that just can't do it. My best friend for example has been trying for 5 years.
    Good luck with your decision.
  • My vote, abortion is definitely worse. You're baby deserves a chance at life:) as hard as adoption is, you will feel good you gave that baby life in the end.
  • Adoption gives that child a chance to be great and make a difference in the world. It gives a couple the chance to be great parents to that child who otherwise would have to keep waiting for their chance to be parents and probably have to wait a long time with the way adoption agencies work. In my opinion, if u go with adoption, have a couple picked out as soon as u decide so that they can be a part of the pregnancy and experience. There are those who r even willing to foot all the medical bills for their baby to be. And that way, the baby has a home to go to right away and won't be sitting in the foster care system, sometimes moving from familyto family before ever being adopted. And there are options for u to be involved with the child and family if that's what u and the adoptive parents agree on. U have many options
    But please don't eliminate a life that could have made a huge impact on the world.
  • Thank you all. I really hope that I am blessed financially to where I don't have to give my baby up for adoption, but from the way things are looking now, I just don't see keeping my baby as an option. I do agree, abortion is not for me and I could never do it.
  • I'm against abortions unless there is a good reason.

Two of my friends put their kids up for adoption and they made it an open one and get to see them. My aunt was adopted. Adoption is wonderful if done in a loving manner :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There is help for mothers who are strugling financially. If that is your main concern and the reason u are thimking of adoption, i say reconsider your options. U do not have to give up your child if u really do want to keep this baby and raise and be a good momma, which it sounds like u are a fantastic Mom because u are already trying to find the best life possible for your little one. Giving a child for adoption is the most selfless, hardest thing for a woman and it takes a lot of strength to make that decision.. but u don't have to do it. If ur heart wants this baby then look into options that allow that. Good luck!
  • I slipped up & got pregnant at 15 & my mother basically made me have an abortion. Personally I wudnt have another one. I would chose adoption. I just think that abortion was the biggest mistake I could have made. I think all the time that I could have made a better decision. Who knows what your baby could have grown up to accomplish.Plus things can go wrong & it prevent you from having babies later on.
  • There are plenty of mamas who can't have babies and want an infant. If u decide this is best contact an agency now so u can grow with the adopter and know your child is going to be ok. People don't realize how much people pay to adopt. If they are willing to pay that much, they are willing to take care of them :+) watch Juno.
  • Money is basically my main concern, I would love for my daughter to have a sibling, but we are barely making it now. I have tried to get help financially, but I don't meet the requirements...I "make too much". Its just really crazy how I work full time and try my best to provide without getting help and when I do ask for it, I can't get it.
  • LOL @ watch Juno. I've seen that movie and I do agree. I actually work with a guy who's wife can't get pregnant and they have 2 adopted kids and LOVE them with all their soul. It's so amazing.
    I don't blame anyone for having an abortion.. to each its own, things happen in life and u deal with it as it comes. I just know I am not strong enough mentally to deal with the aftermath.
  • U might not have met the requirements before with your income and one baby, but with two it changes the limits and u most likely will qualify. I know how hard the system can be i had a really hard time getting some assistance because of qualifying but persistence pays off i didn't get everything i askex for but i get enough to help and get me on a bettter track to provide for my baby. Hang in there. There are always away to make it work. Even tho the economy sucks right now and times are tough, the bad doesnt last forever! Think of this second blessing as your motivation to better yourself and your life for your babies. In the time i found out i was pregnant and was going to have to do it alone bcuz my bf of 5 yrs left me, i when from taking peoples money at carls jr to a home-assistance caregiver for seniors and now work in million dollar homes for enough money to have my own house and have everything i need ready for baby without the help of his father. Anything is possible!! Your going to be a great Mom believe that.
  • Abortion is murder in my eyes, so it's a no brainer for me. Any woman that follows through with adootion is a strong, selfless person. I could never be strong enough to do it myself, but my baby brothet and (now) sister-in-law got pregnant at 17 and they gave my nephew up for adoption. They got to pick their family and they have an open adoption. As a matter of fact, they go visit them every summer (he's now 3) and they are so close with his adoptive family. Adoption is a beautiful thing. I'm all for it!
  • And just so u know I'm not talking out my ass, i also had an abortion at 17 with a baby from the same man as this one, and i did it because i was in no way able to care for a child or even care for a pregnancy i was on a lot of unfavorable narcotics and if that child had been born surely would have struggled with the effects of my drug use and i just couldn't do that to myself, the child, or the family that would've ended up caring for that child. I don't "regret" my decision because i know in my heart it truly was for the best, but it does still hurt that i had to do that because of own actions. So I've been on both sides. And I'm so glad that i don't have the same circumstances for this pregnancy and i am about to welcome my son in less than 12 weeks
    :)
  • Abortion is by far the worst in my opinion. There are lots of women who cant have children. I know a few myself... adoption is hard letting go of a baby... but its better off.
  • I don't think either is worse. I think it depends on the situation of the woman to decide which is the best option for her at that time.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.