getting induced tomorrow 8am

edited March 2011 in March 2011
Tuesday i found out i was 3cm n gettin induced thurs 8am ...im excited to meet my lil fat boy! But everyone sayin its worse to get induced n takes longer...i dont understand y ...

Comments

• How do they do it
  • Congrats!! Don't be discouraged everyone's bodies are different. I was always under the impression 1st babies take longest but not true in my pregnancies. Good luck!!
  • Watchu mean how do they do it ? Lol ...with a shot of sum thing startin with a p at first ....my daughter was horrible first experience she was late n then sholdr gt caught cuz she was huge soo theyre inducin me to b on safe side with him ...i jus wanna bang dis out ..ploop theyre goes Aiden ...if im lucky right
  • I was induced with my first, and also chose to not have any pain meds... I'm not gonna lie, it hurt like hell but went quick for me. At first I kept thinking I was going to have the runs, then BAM the contractions were unmistakable... 3 and a half hours later she was here! Good luck!
  • C dats wat i want ^^^ n hope for i cnt walk so much pressure i hope im open more tomorrow
  • I was induced and it was a piece of cake. Best of luck!
  • Thank u ...im so anxious...idk if i shld even eat brkfst
  • Congrats I kno ur excited! I gt.a long way to go & still knt wait to meet my lil pumpkin seed
  • @mrsv I meant exactly what I asked... I hear alot of ppl getting induced but never thought of the process like if they had Tu do something vaginally or w.e..... but good luck wit eri thng
    @supermom405 yes I have a while Tu not due until July...
  • Good luck hun!!! I think getting induced is a breeze!!! I actually liked it. Lol I loved the predictability! :) @neek if you are induced, the way it happens all depends on if you are dilated/effaced. If you aren't, you go in at night and they insert cervidol (sp) which helps thin your cervix and starts the dilation process, that's inserted for 12 hours then they will usually start you on pitocin or just break your water depending on what your cervix is dilated to at that time. If you are dilated as @MrsV is, you will go to the hospital in the morning for your scheduled induction where they will Either just break your water to get your contractions started, start you on pitocin to start them, or both. :) pitocin is a fluid that starts your contractions through an IV. You will have an IV drip bag and they control how many units you get every few minutes :)
  • Aw yea well your sooner thn me @neek im nt due til halloween thts y I kall it my, lil pumpkin seed til I, learn the sex
  • I got induce with both of my babies....An I had them about 16hrs later...which really isn't bad at all...I slept most of the time
  • I got induced wit my first . nd was in labor for 14.5 hours . being induced does suck cause you cant eat anything or drink snything . but its all worth it in the end . good luck mama !!