what are some causes of EDD to change?

edited March 2011 in Due date clubs by Month
I want to deliver a little earlier than expected .... and two of my friends delivery date has changed and I just want to no why? My doctor told me that minds will never change when I went for my very first appointment :-(

Comments

• If the size of the baby differs from the calculated age of the baby then they usually change your due date. It has to big a big difference though for them to change it.
  • If you have had an early ultrasound, your date wont change because they are extremely accurate and only off by a day or 2. You can deliver up to 3-4 weeks early, it isn't uncommon. But if this is your first, it is also not uncommon to go overdue. Babies come when they are ready not when you are. :) trust me I had the same feelings as you when I was pregnant with my first but quickly learned its better for them to stay in there until they are ready or until it is no longer safe medically. :D
  • I meant to say it has to be a big difference though for them to change it. Lol. That's one thing I know, but it could be other reasons too.
  • It usually depends on the measurement of the baby mine changed from when they used the wheel to dertmine the edd to when they did th us but mine only changed by 1 day it went from 8/10 to 8/9 but I knew the exact first day of my lasy cycle. If you are unsure of when your last cycle started or like with my daughter u weren't having a cycle when you got pregnant the date can change by a few weeks
  • I had and early ultra sound,they used the wheel and.....I know my last period and the day I conceived so I guess my due date is set lol
  • I had a period after I conceived my 1st child so my edd was wrong. Mine changed from 12-29 to 11-29 when they did the ultrasound but I did not have her until 12-04.
  • I had my first at 38weeks and I had sex the night before she was born...ive heard that gets labor started apparently its true! lol
  • Mine has changed three times june 18th from last cycle may 31st from my exam and july 2nd from us
  • Mine changed a week earlier cuz of my little man's size I was 17 weeks 6 days measuring at 18/2
  • Mine hasgone from May 22 to May 16 because of the baby's size.