Any one on food stamps??

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
And can't wait till your card gets reloaded again??? Lol I love getting whatever I want and it doesn't come out of pocket . lol its making me hungry just thinking about it...

Comments

• Lol I am I can't even spend it all in a month...I get 800 a month for me and my 3 boys...that's a lot of dam food...we eat stake atleast once a week...lol
  • I get them and love being able to eat what i want. Well that was til my doctor told me to cut out the sugary snacks. Lol
  • Ya I go a little nuts when I get mine. Then as the month goes on, I slow down. I get 800 a month too, but there's five of us, and it doesn't go as far as it used to.
  • Someone told me you can claim your unborn..that true?!?
  • edited April 2011
    right now i get 200 but i'm working on adding my son and adding my pregnancy. So i know i will get more for him and i think they do give you a little more while your pregnant since you are required to eat alot more during pregnancy.
  • I have not heard that...won't hurt to call and ask
  • @babiescomin2011 no, you cant claim an unborn child because all agencies require a social security number for each person listed. But you can add the baby as soon as you get his social and bring in the crib card or letter from hospital showing a live birth. Since it takes a while to get the birth certificate in some states. But you should qualify for medicade and Wic, and according to specific situations you may qualify for TANF.
  • Ok I wasn't sure...thank you
  • I get food stamps $200 just for me, I went to welfare last week because I thought I would get more for my pregnancy but they said not until I give birth. They did tell me to apply for WIC tho..
  • I was told to bring nmin the mothers copy of the birth certificate and the paper showing you applied for the social security card and the baby is put on food stamps right then. I have a family of 5 and only get 620 dollars a month.
  • I only get 370 til second child is born. Then i will get 564. Cant wait cause food too damn high to pay out pocket....
  • I wish I was I hate paying for food outa pocket
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not but we are considering applying. I do have a question, is there a time limit on how long you can receive benefits?
  • Yes @loveourlittleone, just call and ask. Before taxes (lame)

I was getting $367 for me and my boyfriend, but he decided not to do this stupid ass month long class. So now is only $200 for 'just me'.
  • I love my food stamp and wic lolz ;)
  • theres not a time limit here... I cant wait til tomorrow! Im dying for some mint cookies! Donuts for breakfast! Lots and lots of milk too!
  • I get 668 for my family of four. Not gonna know what to do when they add baby! Thats a lot of food!
  • I have to wait util friday to shop but I can go get my wic today!!! Yes $10 worth of fruit lol
  • Yes but they are no good at the moment considering I hardly eat damn morning sickness :( atleast I can get my gready 4year old whatever he wants lol
  • Just curious...do you guys have jobs and still get all of this money for food stamps or is it for people who are unemployed? Just wondering how it works.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am unemployed unwantingly! I get mibe sinday :( thete is nothing here I wanna eat! Lol
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe thanks! so do you have any idea what your household income has to be to qualify?
  • They cut all funding to WIC here in IA. To save money. But I still get food stamps. I signed up a yr ago and didn't know I was approved so now babies on the way and I got 700.00 to spend.
  • No I struggle everyday to feed my family and yet I make too much. I get no assistance.
  • I get 106 for me my son and unborn. Told if I claim my fiance we wont get any. Don't understand when we barely make it but we do live comfortable I guess I shouldn't complain
  • How old do you have to be to apply for that? I live in cali
  • @ALMOST4: I live in Tn. @BAILEYGOOS: MY HUSBAND WORKS FOR THE STATE OF TN AND WE STILL QUALIFY FOR THEM. MY HUSBAND IS SUPPOSE TO MAKE OVER $3600 A MONTH FOR OUR FAMILY SIZE AND HE ONLY NAKE$ 1537 A MONTH.
This discussion has been closed.