Is there any other young single mothers out here?

edited April 2011 in Single moms
I'm 23 will be 24 in May I feel bad for my daughter because IM going to be a single mother & her father won't be in her life.... I really wish I can give her a reliable good father but it didn't turn out that way; I'm totally confident on being a single mother I specially have a great big support system just feel guilty because me & the father stop talking on bad terms... I feel like the only one lately... Is there anyone else going through their stuff?

Comments

• I am 20 and I will be doing the same thing.
  • 16, going through the same thing.
  • I'm 21 and I'm going to be a single mommy too :) although, I am the farthest thing from upset about it. Its a bummer babies father wont be in the picture, but he really isn't good for us. Id rather be a single mommy than bring a baby in to a disfunctional relationship. It will be hard but totally worth it! :D
  • edited April 2011
    You're deinitely not alone... I'm due july 7th and I'll be 21 before I have my daughter. Her father and I still communicate from time to time but he's so wishy washy about whether or not he wants to be in my daughters life.. I didnt know I was prego until after we broke up and I didnt want to get an abortion. I dnt have time for his bs and plus I have someone else who wants to be with me and is comfortable with me being prego. In fact, he would prefer that my bd is 100% out of the picture. He wants to be there for my daughter. Until he puts a ring on my finger though, I will continue to consider myself a single mom because nothing is guaranteed and I refuse to depend and rely on any guy to help me with my baby.... dnt stress yourself out about it. I'm sure you'll be all she needs. Its nice for girls to have fathers but at the same time, its the mother who really makes her the woman she'll be... well at least that's the way I see it..
  • Im 17, but not a single mom. Hopefully it stays that way after my son is here.
  • I know exactly how you feel. I just turned 24 last month. As soon as my childs father found out I was pregnant he disappeared. He just contacted me this week after not talking to him for about 3 1/2 months. Its hard and I was prepared to do it on my own, and I still am cause I'm not sure how serious he is.
  • I'm not young lol (34) but after my 16 year marriage ended in divorce. I'm a single mama for first time. Scared to death! Doesn't matter our ages. Hopefully we all rock this single mama thing! ;)
  • I totally agree with @kristenmarie lol I feel the same way I was always comfortable being a single mother because its less stress & dependency to a father who is unsure of himself & the baby my mom raised a strong woman lol my father was in & out my life (very unstable) but my mother did her best and did a great job raising me& my brother & two sisters (im the 2nd eldest) idk I just feel bad cause her daddy wont be active in her life but if im doing alright so will she !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Gabschillin
    Sorry! U sound like your in pain over him! hope he shows the same involvement towards your child! You will find your someone, stay strong!!
  • 23 here had my 1st at 19 single then and now its happening again when I hoped it wouldn't ....
  • I'm 27 now, but I had my son when I was 19. I was celibate and put.my son and job first. After 5 years of doing that I met my husband. I didn't let them meet until we had been together for 4 years so I didn't bring men in and out of his life. My husband loves him like his own and I think because I had my priorities straight he grew up to be a fantastic and normal almost-eight-year-old.
  • @bellamom thats what I wanna do after I have my bby sounds like what I want for my future
    @dncrcass Story of my life lol I feel the same way & going thru the same
    @gabschilln keep your head up mami
  • Im 20 nd single nd my babys father is mia but..i just look at it like his lost ima b mommy nd daddy to my daughter my mom did it nd i turned out just fine :)
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 21. I'm 15wks4days. gona b a single parent as well, soo no mad abt it anymor
    with time the feeln will get better 4 u..
    also this is my first.. ure not alone n this matter B-)
  • edited April 2011
    @bellamomma boy do our story sound sooo alike. I was a single parent by choice. When I found out that I was expecting, I broke up with my boyfriend at the time. He was very immature and acted like a toddler. I wasn't ready to raise to kids. The baby and him. I made the right choice. My son has never seen fights, name calling, disrespect towards his mother. My son father would call ever 2-3 years . Then would make promises and never keep them. I didn't bring men around, the man I married is now in the process of adopted him so we all have the same last name. He doesn't want him left out. We're a family.

Ladie, even though having someone around to lighten the load and make you feel not alone. Isn't always the best for you nor your child.I am glad I stayed alone, I learn how strong I was and what I deserved. Now, I have married the man of my dreams. Respectful, neat, helpful, a man of his Word, Loves God and treats me like a Queen.
  • @tscott kudos to you I'm in your shoes as we speak my baby father is 19 childish & I don't want my daughter raised around dusfunctional parents, my father wasn't around much, in & out of our lives my mom been my father and mother did her best and did a good.job with us && I will forever thank her... I dont feel bad being a single mother i just want a good & great father figure for her... But I believe one day I will get maried to a man that God hand picked for me & my lil lady
  • edited April 2011
    @gabrielalecoco Those are the best type of men.( God picked him)
  • I'm 20 an my baby is due 9-25 I'm gettin married on 4-30 thankfully my fiance is as excited as I am :)
  • @mommajtall Congrats on baby & your engagement!!!!!!
  • Im also in the same boat. 24 in October. Im pretty happy with my situation, just wish I had someone to grumble at somtimes, or give me back rubs. I plan on doing it different next time, but I dont think id want to share her with anyone but my family. Least il know shes always safe. Sometimes I get sad and think my lifes over but theres so meny people out there that cant have kids and I just have to remind myself how lucky I really am. I was brought up by a single mum and wouldnt have it any other way. I love my mum and didnt feel like I was missing a dad so I think we will all be just fine. Good luck to all my single ladies. X
  • @julyjessica omg you spund like me lol I find myself in alot of these ms and sworn I was the only feeln the way I felt or goinf through it by my self my sisters have their partners with them but im the.only one tht don't.. But then I dont wanna share my baby with nobody but my bby maybe that will change whenever the right one comes along I would have to calm my emotions down well at least try
  • Sorry for the typos
  • I know what you mean today I was crying over nothing. It will all be so worth it tho. Cant wait to hold her
  • same here I think im gonna cry I know my mom will probably my sister too
  • Im 20, and a single mom. The baby's father is denying its his baby,..After everything we have been through in my pregnacy of 25wks till now he feels that way..honestly he better get ready for the paternity test and child support... I knw I deserve better but he really hurt me and it sucks he doesnt take my word for it that the baby is his. The only thing I can do is wait till I give birth to take the test and prove to him that he truly has a baby girl for the rest of his life.
  • @abby_july2011 Idk why they do that I think they afraid of a huge responsibility so they wanna bail out & make it seem like you been doing them wrong when deep inside they know the truth he knows thats his baby he is just a coward a chicken thats running around with his head between his legs hopefully he'll get it right when the baby is born do you know his fam member? Maybe you need to contact them and tell them whats been going on im sure they would want to be apart of the baby's life... Just keep your head up your not alone in this us single mamas gotta stick together btw evem if the fm dont wanna be apart of the bby life be strong for the bby