am i being weird...

edited April 2011 in May 2011
I'm afraid to open all my baby's stuff...play pen, stroller, swing, etc. I want to set it all up but I'm scared if something happening before/during/after birth :/ am I just being paranoid??? I'm 36 weeks btw.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can see how you feel...I think I am gonna feel the same way to...afraid of jinxing it...::hugs:: go ahead and do it! you will fee better seeing it all put together!
  • Try not to stress about anything bad happening love! You should set it all up and have the room ready, it will help you feel ready and you don't want to have to worry about any of that once you have baby home. I would think it would be more nerve wracking not having it set up, at least for me it would. Have somethings for you and your baby to come home to. Much luck and loves!
  • Thanks everyone...I think I will set some of it up. I am kinda getting stressed not having it set up and all in boxes. :)
  • I totally understand your stress. On the other hand, Id say get everything set up and where you want it now so you dont have something else to worry about once baby comes.
  • Set it up! It'll be fun. Believe me I started setting up when I was 7 months. It'll ease your mind.
  • I started buying all the big stuff at 7 months and i was soooo excited i set up the stroller n playpen and bassinet and crib the day i brought each one home! Lol and as soon as i get my bouncer n swing and highchair at the baby shower ill go home and set those up i cant wait :)
  • My stuff is set up except the glider rocker which I'm doing tomorrow. I already washed her stuff. Don't worry nothing will happen and setting up the stuff us part of your way of getting ready to have a baby. Its great therapy
  • I know I'm same way, but I had a stillborn in 95, but have had two beautiful kids since. I've been having the what if it's a boy now that I've bought girl clothes. All will be fine. I'm just giving it to God, praying for you too.
  • @wowbigsurprise so sorry to hear! Praying for u and ur baby girl too!
  • I know what you mean. But remember that most people do have showers and set everything up beforehand and everything goes just fine.
  • I get you, I had previous miscarriage and have all baby stuff hiding in drawers except sonogram pictures. I thinly once I finally hit trimester three I will have the guts to take everything out and decorate! I'm a chicken :)
  • Well I'm due may 4th so I have about 3 weeks! Stuff is still in boxes tho :/ I'm being chicken too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.