help!!brown spotting @38 weeks?!

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I am 38 weeks and just notice I have some brown spotting....never had this before...What could it be and should I go to the er??

Comments

• Since you are so far along I'd say call your doctor asap.
  • edited May 2011
    Its normal hun, could be your bloody show, which means labor soon!! I hope that's true for you. Just call and let your doctor know, but there shouldn't be a problem hun :) bleeding after 37 weeks is common due to dilating/thinning of the cervix and labor.
  • I wouldn't worry....if it was blood then yes...just call and ask...I'm sure they can be more helpful than we can
  • My doctor told me not to worry unless i was having heavy bleeding spotting in the last month is normal. But everybody is different it could be the start of your bloody show which means labor is soon but thats just my opinion call your doctor if it would make you feel better. Good luck hun.
  • Thanks ladies....I am not gonn call yet see were it leads but I haven't dialeted yet so I don't know if Its the start of labor. In the morning I went pee and saw on The toilet like mucus ahhh like thick discharge. I didn't pay much attention since it feel on the toilet tmi...
  • Um... call your doctor. We are not medical professionals and wouldn't it be better to know then wait and something happens????
  • Just call and I left a message they were on luch I hope they call me bakk!
  • that could of been your mucus plug!! labor might be close!! i wouldnt worry too much cause brown spotting is old blood. is the baby still active?
  • Sounds like your mucus plug hun :) which is a GOOD thing! :) keep us updated. When do you have your next appointment?
  • @proudmommy8798 yes his still moving....@mommyoftwoprincesse I just had a doc apt yesterday. So not till next week
  • Hey! I had the same thing happen to me today and guess what?? I am in the hospital contracting every 3 to 5 minutes! I'm not in "active labor" since my cervix won't dialate or efface, but these suckers are good and strong!

Maybe we'll both have the best Mother's Day presents ever!! ;)
  • My bloody show was lots of brown blood. You are so far along you are more than likely getting ready for labor
  • Cervical checks can help get things started sometimes hun!! :) I think you are fine, bleeding from 36+ weeks is quite common and is usually a sign labor is/will be starting soon!! I hope its your time!!!
  • @BkE193 ahhh I sure hope so! Am gona do some squats lol I hope he comes soon!!!imagine we give birth same day lol
  • Thanks ladies I will keep u all updated see were it leads!
  • Good luck!!
  • after you do squats sit indian style for about 20 min at a time! but you have to sit straight! the nurse at my birthing class said that help bring the baby down and adds pressure!!