Trying to Adopt

edited May 2011 in Teen moms
Hello Ladies!

Happy Mothers Day! We are Mike and Ron. We are a NJ couple that is trying to adopt a baby. We've been homestudy approved and waiting to be selected by a mom-to-be for 19 months now. Before anyone yells at us, we were suggested by a couple of regulars here to give a shot at posting on this site, so we genuinely hope not to offend anyone.

From one couple trying to grow our family... to you, we humbly ask a favor. If you meet a mom-to-be who is considering an adoption plan, please keep us in mind. If you'd like to follow our journey, you could like our adoption page @ facebook.com/HelpUsAdopt

Take Care and Good Luck!!! :)
Mike and Ron

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Aww... 8->
    I wish you guys the best of luck on your journey. :-bd
    Silly question: does it matter where the mother and child are located?
  • Good luck
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @TheSmilingBeauty ... Yes and no. Our agency for the most part deals in NJ, PA, DE, NY, CT and surriounding but there are always ways to make it happen. Thank you for the well wishes. :)
  • Good luck guys :) your doing a great thing. Im so touched. So many children are left abandoned or unwanted. And people like you shed much hope in their lives. Hope you get the ending you wish for <3
  • Cannot wait for y'all to make a post saying you'll be parents! :D
  • Oh me to @bentleysmommy still going fire you guys and a flawless sticky adoption.
  • Okae try still hoping not going fire sorry
  • @bananaspliff
    @BentleysMommy
    @KrazymomofAdrian

thanks ladies. After a close call we had a couple weeks ago, we've been in a major funk. We know that our time will come eventually, it's just very disheartening to know that so many women have looked at our profile and passed us over. If they had any idea who we are or the kindof life we're going to give our children (with love, adventure and family, not just material things), if they had any clue who we really were... we wouldn't be waiting this long. And that's the real hard part.

Thanks for your well wishes xo
  • How come this was put under the teen mom category?
  • @babynumbersix... when we joined pregly a couple months ago we "introduced" ourselves under a couple different categories...
  • @babynumbersix thats what I was gonna ask. But I figured because thats who are coking for the most adoption. And your welcome @mikeandronadopt.
  • Idk just seems kind of like a wrong assumption that their are specific women that give babies up for adoption, instead of just generalized "advertising" good luck though.
  • True @babynumbersix but when you really want a baby you go where you think you can get your name out quicker. But out makes sense since they explained it. Sorry if I was mildly offending.
  • everyone is entitled to their opinion...
  • Im not offended by you
  • edited July 2011
  • They clearly said that they put it on a couple of categories this one probably just got more attention.. What a way to rain on someone's parade. SMH! Best of luck to you guys on your adoption journey! >:D<
  • @babynumbersix Are you ok? It seems everything is annoying you today.

@MikeandRonAdopt Good luck on your adoption journey! I hope it happens for you soon. :)
  • I agree with @amberlynnOct20th. && best of luck to you guys with your adoption
  • thanks ladies for your thoughts... just trying to build our family. everyones opinions are welcome even if i disagree. have a good night ;)
  • good luck i hope you find your baby.. have you thought about fost adopt.. just wondering.. not my buisness but i was in a foster home for over four years.. too old to adopt lol.. but i seen many babies find good homes.. even some i knew.. from their lives before we were in foster care.. its iffy but im sure its rewarding.. i plan on doing foster care after my kids are older and i have my career life stable.. just so the foster kids could have foster parents that make them feel like they are wanted and cared for by someone..
  • Im not that educated in the adoption process but how would it work if someone was willing to take you into consideration allllllll the way from Illinois? j/a and what kind of adoption would it be? open or closed? And by the way i am not asking for my own good. I have a friend who truly wants the adoption option as opposed to other options.
  • @mikeandronadopt- good luck to you guys.
  • @lae3 ... we were actually leaning toward becoming a licensed foster/adopt family through the state. We have a nice home and lots to offer a kid in the foster system. W found out not too long ago that we cant be waiting to adopt through our agency while also being active with child services. it has to do with not having a stable homestudy with different minors possibly coming in and out of the house
  • I hope you get your gift soon. You're going to make great parents I can't wait for the day I log on and see you post we're parents. I've got my fingers crssed for you.
  • mamato2boys... while doable, the frther frm us, the trickier it gets. your friend could always contact our agency for moore info. also if it wouldnt work out i am happy to try to hel your friend find a local agency for her to be matched with a local family :)
  • mamato2boys... while doable, the frther frm us, the trickier it gets. your friend could always contact our agency for moore info. also if it wouldnt work out i am happy to try to hel your friend find a local agency for her to be matched with a local family :)
  • we cant wait to post that one @camommy