mornin sickness.....ALL day :-(

edited May 2011 in January 2012
Soooooo fed up!!! Any1 got a cure?? Wishful thinkin i no :-(

Comments

• Ask doc to give you zofran. Eat crackers before you get out of bed and drink lots of water. Sucking on peppermints also helped to.
  • Cant drink water, makes me feel worse, will try the mints tho thanx didnt have mornin sickness with my 1st so its come as a bit of a shock!!
  • Preggie pop drops save me every time!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sugar cookies help me a lot! I heard that ginger also helps(:
  • Lemon water, ginger, peppermint, zofran Haha, b6, morning ease tea, black tea in moderation due to its caffeine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zofran is really great it has helped me stay at my job. I also tried phenergan but it makes me REALLY SLEEPY. Meds were my only option, the nausea would keep me in bed All day ask your doc.
  • Keep in mind that if you get zofran(seriously it is a lifesaver) make sure to eat fiber. it really backs you up and that can make you sick to your stomach also.
  • edited June 2011
    well i am now 28 wks. but i had m.s. 18 wks! I had raging migraines, nausea so bad i got dehydrated bc i would puke everything. before you get up in the mornings, literally, before you even get out of bed, eat about 5-10 crackers. let it sit and slowly rise out of bed and move around. avoid the heat. but my biggest life saver was zofran! oh man!! i was at least about to function enough to care for my kids. except for food. I simply could not cook, look at food, smell it, it was dreadful.
  • I love Zofran! It saved me! I'm 17weeks and still haven't gained a lbs. My thyroid is messing up from my sickness. Zofran is the only thing keeping me from being in the hospital. Sugar makes my sickness worse. It leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Lemons work :) and I eat sunflower seeds a lot. It helps keep the bad taste out of my mouth. I tried mint and hard candy but the sugar made it worse. I hope you feel better! I still get sick every once in a while but at least I can get out of bed and function now :)
  • My doctor put me on zofran too, all I get out of it are migraines and can't eat a thing. I've been hearing about these things called Preggie Pops, they're like lollipops for pregnant women and they're a natural morning sickness relief. They're cheap and you can get them at Target, if you Google the name, it shows more places to get them. Every review has sworn by them so I'm going to pick some up today!! Hope you feel better soon.<3
  • Don't be afraid to tell your doc if the zofran isn't helping enough! I was in the hospital 3 times in the first 2 months bc of severe hyperemesis (what you have is real and has its own name!). They finally put me on a zofran pump and I take reglan by mouth at night and first thing in morning. I still haven't gained any weight (13 weeks 2 days now) but I usually only puke once or twice! Some other tips worth trying:
    1. Sea band wristbands
    2. Try broth if water won't stay down or gatorade
    3. All the above statements (crackers,etc)
    4. Stay away from greasy foods
    5. Phenegan, zofran and reglan can be used in combo...if you aren't able to eat at all and losing too much, talk to doc.
    The biggest thing for me was realizing I wasn't being a baby and whining about morning sickness. Its a real issue many women face. Good luck! It is starting to get better now and I was so incapacitated it was like having the flu for 2 months straight!