I need a mans point of view.....any ladies with the same problem I would love to know im not alone..

edited June 2011 in Daddy's place
Ok this may sound selfish or it may just be my hormones lmao (most likely its the hormones) but I am so worried that my hubby and I may not be as close once our baby is born.....We obviously will have so much love for our little one that we may lose sight of each other.....What can I do to keep our bond strong?

Comments

• Make time for each other. Its really really hard in the beginning because everything is different plus you'll both be tired and a little stressed. If any family lives nearby have them watch the baby for a few hours so you and hubby can be alone. You don't even have to leave the house ;) take out and a movie on the couch is fine
  • I worry about the same!!!
  • @mrs_shu Thank you that is a good idea I just worry neither one will want to leave her and that will def bother me...my husband is so easy going I swear nothing bothers him lol so I don't wanna come off as the psycho wife lol......@newmommy_navywife its such an awful feeling and I am really worried its bothering me so so much......
  • I worried about that when I was pregnant with my twins. To be honest, having a child is a huge bonding experience. We have a date night once a month, nothing huge usually just dinner. Also we have movie night every Friday. As soon as the boys are asleep we make popcorn or cheese fries, some kind of junk food, and curl on the couch and watch a movie together. Every weeknight besides Friday we sit down together alone no TV or noise Ans talk for 30 mins.
  • Let me add sometimes you may need to leave the house..I know with my and my husband its almost like clock work, at least once every 3 months we HAVE to be out by ourselves whether its at a local duffys to watch a sports game+lunch or dinner or fishing or if its been a really long time and we've got some money saved, we'll go away somewhere overnight(an hour or two away). When its just you two DONT spend it talking about the baby..talk about what's going on with work or past memories, future things..
  • It bothers me too....I'm scared too.
    But I'm sure we will both be ok.
  • @maranda3 that sounds great....I would like to steal your idea if that's ok lol
  • @mrs_shu Thank you, your advice means a lot and I am hoping that these are just silly little worries that we can get through no problem....@newmommy_navywife we will be just fine sweetie.......
  • @pregoagainyay its normal :) it may be awhile before either of you want to leave the baby..but don't let it be too long. You guys NEED that one on one time. I kid you not even taking a hour to go to walmart or something will help. And when baby is sleeping better at night, do what @maranda3 does. Hubby and I do that too, once the kids arw in bed we break out a snack and watch our shows and if its not too late once were in bed we talk and laugh.
  • You ladies have given me hope thank you!
  • You're welcome!!!!

Its a good thing to be thinking/worrying now..a lot of people don't and by the time baby is here more and more time passes and its just that much harder because by that time you're both snapping at each other getting pissed off for the littlest thing and not know exactly why
  • @mrs_shu Very true he probably thinks im crazy I bring up stuff like this a lot and its all very random but I tell him you will thank me when shes here and we are not suffering as a couple.....Our motto "A happy wife is a happy life" lol....in all seriousness I like having my ducks in a row no surprises :)
  • Steal away!! LOL Just remember he's your best friend (hopefully) treat him like it. :)
  • We get closer w every baby we have. We're also that couple people always yell get a roo
  • I think it should bring you closer.you're both gonna be doing things with the baby and stuff.
  • room... lol maranda3 is right... treat him like your best friend. My hubby is mine!
  • @maranda3 Woo Hoo thank you! He is my best friend and I love him to death I think that's why I worry so much because I don't wanna lose us ya know?
  • @Mommyof4girls Good for you that's how it should be and the ones yelling get a room are just jealous lol!
  • Soo true! He's my sunshine! I still after 6 yrs get butterflies when he texts or calls. I run (well weeble wobble now) and kiss & hug him when he comes home. I look forward to being w him and seeing him.
  • @mommyof4girls I completely agree I still get butterflies, and smile when I think of him etc.....were some lucky girls :)
  • Yes we are! I love him!
  • Keep your relationship your top priority! Have date nights, don't stop doing the little things that make him feel special. Things will change, but as long as you remain each others best friends they will change for the better!
  • I was worried too but we are closer now
  • Date night without the kids. It's always the same, dinner and a movie. It's just nice to get a break once in a while. Also set a good bedtime schedule for the kids. I know newborns that will be hard but as they get older. It's just nice to have the kids asleep so you can have time for yourselves before you get too tired to do anything. Also, DON'T GET THE MOM LOOK! Haha. My husband tells me that. I was young when we met. Heels and make up, all day, everyday. Then I had my son, jeans, his t shirt and flip flops. No make up and hair in a pony tail. But I'm tired! I'm not saying doll up every day but once in a while to let him know that sexy lady is still there under the spit up. :)
  • @jcmommy that's great "the mom look" I will for sure keep that in mind thank you!