my hands are so painful

edited June 2011 in Second Trimester
I physically can't sleep due to both hands and arms hurting so much. I've tried cold and warm water but nothing helps, even my arms hurt....anyone else? X

Comments

• What's wrong with them or are they just aching? X
  • @SamiUK they feel swollen and all pins and needle like . I've just called my midwife and shes sending me to physio, but Shit, they kill..... How's you? X
  • Sounds awful :( I'm good hun Ty :) how's you feeling apart from your arms/hands? how did the moving go? x
  • @SamiUK apart from that I feel fine lol. Baby kicks the crap outta me daily but all good . Hmm the moving lol, its going slowly. It's bloody hard to move when Noone will let me lift anything :-) x
  • Haha yeah i can't even go shop for milk for his gran cos she don't want me carrying it :/ she kicking lots now? my lil Alfie kicks non stop! use to it now lol not coming down there now he got laid of on Thursday got new job Friday started yesterday so can't really ask for time of straight away :( and to much driving just for a weekend. x
  • @SamiUk, ah that's a shame, glad he got a new job so quickly. It is a long way just for a few days. And yeah she's kicking loads lol. X x
  • Haha i love it when he kicks apart from when its on my bladder and low down feels like he's trying to escape i have a video of him doing Mexican wave in my belly haha x
  • @SamiUK Ahh bless. Have you had a 3d done...its 100 quid down here, I can't really justify that with hubby as we will meet her soon lol x
  • I was looking for one down there for when we went but couldn't find one, cheapest i found up here 110 or top package 150 but get a lot for it having it one 29th June my birthday :) lol x
  • Sounds like carpel tunnel. I suffer from it it can be very painful. I had to sleep with splints on my hands with one of my pregnancy it got that bad. :O
  • edited June 2011
    I'm 18w4d. My hands and wrists just started to feel very achy, tight, and swollen in the morning over the past two weeks. It goes away once I get moving. I had the same issue with my last pregnancy. I'm hoping it doesn't get as bad as it did the last time.

I had the wear braces on my hands and wrists while sleeping. The doc never said it was carpal tunnel, but it sure felt that way. She did say it could have been fluid retention and told me to decrease my sodium intake, drink 4-5 liters of water a day, and increase my protein intake. I was diagnosed with PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) at 22 weeks last time and was retaining a TON of water. I was VERY swollen and had bad edema that started around 17 weeks. I'm not sure if the water retention from PIH contributed to my hand and wrist pain. Thankfully, my blood pressure seems fine so far and I'm not swollen like I was last time. How is your blood pressure? Are you swollen at all?
  • My doc said it was caused by all the extra fluid we retain. A lot of pregnant women suffer from carpel tunnel. My blood pressure has never been a problem. And I never swell to much, more towards the end. I'm only 21 weeks on Sunday so going to have to put up with it for a while yet. As I am typing this my hand has gone to sleep.
  • Glad Im not the only one. Been having pain in my hands and them feeling tight. Feels hard to grab stuff sometimes. Went to Dr yesterday. Urine and blood pressure looked good so he told me to rest with my hands above my heart when I can and to also have Hubby massage my hands. He did last night and it actually helped. Also keep out of the heat and drink tons of water.
  • @everyone, sorry, my internet went down. @cornbreadKim ive got splints from the hospital today and they are helping. @preggieswithnumber6 ask the doc for some water tablets, they can help. @Soon2BMomOf2under2 my bp is ok, no protein but the doc thinks i may have had this for years but the pregnancy has made it worse. i have to go back next week and may need an operation on both hands :-( @SamiUK hope it goes well, make sure to send me pics x x