HELP!!! OUCH!!! (maybe tmi)

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So I have been extremely constipated to a point were I'm uncomfortable all day is their any meds safe to take while pregnant? Is it harmful to baby to force out poop?

Comments

• Try smooth move tea works good safe to use too
  • If you force could give you roids. Take miralax to soften so you can go...and plenty of fluids and fiber. Good luck!
  • first, try prune juice, or cranberry juice. drink about 8- 10 oz.
    you can always call your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist (of course be sure to tell them u are pregnant). they wont know who u are, recognize you or anything, so you should be in good shape there if you are embarrassed.
    ask them about miralax. i believe it is ok while pregnant, but do NOT do it without asking a professional, just in case.
  • I had the same problem and my doctor said don't push because you'll get hemmorhoids. She told me to take Colace 100 mg (just one a day). It is an over the counter stool softened that is mild and safe. Stay away from herbal teas for constitution because some have senna which can force the uterus to contract.
  • *constipation
  • Ok I drink a lot of water I've never been regular so of course being pregnant its worse! My prenatal vitamins contain stool softener but that's apparently not enough...prune juice makes me sick so does prunes...I was embarrassed but now idc I need relief lol!
  • @hot2cold87 I'm constipated and today my doc told me to go to da store and get milk of magnesia and Girl it really work
  • @LilOneOnTheWay I just seen that in a magazine it was advertise in a baby magazine but promoted for new moms n said to ask doctor b4 taking if pregnant r nursing so I was unsure about it....
  • @briffyg89 how soon did it work?

N do any of these stool softeners give u bad cramps when it begin to work?
    @LilOneOnTheWay
    @survivormommie3
    @Mnbaby3
  • You may want to call your doc first, as with any drug, but my doctor said it was safe and she actually took it throughout her pregnancies. Just make sure you get some relief so you don't get roids, ouch!
  • No cramps with Colace so far
  • enima.. ugh.. if its right there hard and ready.. all it needs is a few minutes of desolving medicine.. eww.. ask dr of course first..
  • edited June 2011
    @hot2cold87 it work quick but It all depends on wat u ate my doc told me to drink 2oz everyday every 12hours its a relief but ask your doctor first
  • No I dnt want roids don't sound good
  • Metamucil, milk of magnisia, a mild laxitive like duocolax (dont reccommend it they hurt so bad it makes you cry but the end results are fantastic), casteroil altho depending on how far along you are tho that can cause you to go into labor??
  • I drink a cup of black coffee and a big shot of prune juice... do a lil dance or clean house for 15 mins. Ban! Potty time
  • I agree coffee and prune juice
  • Sometimes a warm class of water and brisk walk can help.
  • Milk of Magnesia works wonders for me! I only use that when I need immediate results. Otherwise I take Miralax every other day and that keeps me pretty regular. I also find that black steaming hot coffee or hot hot soup works pretty good for me
  • @Hot2Cold87 miralax doesn't cause cramping....was safe for my lil boy as well. It's on my safe list but u could call your doc to check. It's a colorless tasteless powder you mix in whatever liquid you want to drink. Good luck and feel better!
  • Ask ur dr for something...my Dr gave me stool softners an they work!!!!!!! I have had so serious issues with going potty...lol. I was in the ER in pain do to potty issues
  • I had to do a suppository when I got backed up a couple of weeks ago. The problem was it had gotten too impacted to get out and it was way to hard. My doctor said to use one and wait about 15 minutes. Sure enough it softened that ridiculous mass enough to get it out. I was mortified, but I felt sooooo much better. I thought I was gonna have to go to the ER. Don't strain! You'll be looking at hemmoroids for sure if you constantly do that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Milk of magnesia for immediate relief n fiber one bars n metamucil