House Cleaning for mula ?

edited June 2011 in Special clubs
I clean this house almost daily even though the bf and I hardly make a mess.. so I was wondering about cleaning apartments in our building.

How much would you charge a lady to clean you apt or house? With her using cleaning products that you must supply (everyone has their own clean smell pref)

I was thinking anywhere from $30-$50 per apaetment.

Comments

• That price sounds awesome to me, which means you're probably underselling yourself, lol! You should check out some websites for like Merrymaids and see what the going rate is.
  • Hmm, never thought about checking their prices. Lol.

These apartments aren't huge. Id say 800sq ft max, and I'd only do it in our building.
  • I think you usually charge by the hour.
  • @mom60511

I would, but I work fast and efficient. I figure just a simple price would get me more.
  • Well how long do you think it will take you?
  • Depending on their mess, how dusty and in some cases, how crusty.. 1-3 hours max.

And I can take breaks if I want since it wouldn't be by the hour

@mom60511
  • Im starting to think more like $40-$60 depending on the mess.
  • I pay my lady hourly. She looked at the place and then estimated the cost for me. If I have her do extra stuff (like shampoo carpets) I pay her for her time.
  • Yea I'd say go for it, but you might want to like evaluate the house first cause if you get like an uber trashed out house your not going to want to clean it for practically pennies when the house deserves more attention than...normal houses.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow. I would have said around $15 an hour. I don't expect these people to have lots of money for this. I know rent isn't cheap, plus other bills. And a lot are most likely on public assistance.

At this point, I would only expect to do simple chores. Dusting, sweeping all rooms, mopping all rooms, dishes, and wipes walls and windows if their dirtyness bothers me.

Maybe some organization if they allow me.

You ladies have me thinking.
  • Damn, didn't think about putting slips on or under doors. I was just gunna post info by the mailboxes @mama_kat
  • I LOVE organizing!
  • I rearrange anything I can, anytime I feel like it. Its harder here cause its not my house. But I did just clean, organize and rearrange the kitchen cabinets to make more space and logical sense.
  • I do basic cleaning on my husbands uncles house, dusting vacuuming, floors br, kitchenand living room. pays me $12 an hour. i usually work 10-15 an hours a week. i wash their laundry but they fold and put away. its pretty simple and the best thing is that once baby is born i can bring her along.
  • I don't plan on laundry, cauae you have to leave the building to do it. There is already no elevator here, and if they live anywhere besides the first floor, I'm not hauling it! I don't even haul our laundry, bf carries it up and down stairs.
  • he has a house and baskets with wheels so it aint bad. good luck n what u decide to do. but like others said b sure u can trust them and check out their place first and c what they need sone before giving a price.
  • I definitely will be doing that! Thank you all for all the input and advice, more is welcome!
  • It depends on how often your doing it I have a woman I clean for once a month and she pays at lest 75 more if its worse then normal. Basic cleaning once a week I charge 40 to 50 I'm not trying to make a living out of it just so extra money
  • I used to clean houses and the price ranged. I used to clean a house with an elevator in it for $300. I never cleaned up their mess as in the sense of stuff on the floors...usually kids rooms. I would just put it on the beds. I didn't do dishes either. Just the normal dusting vacuuming taking out trash bathrooms and kitchens and cleaning glass doors type of stuff. I always made the bed if it wasn't made. One house I used to change their sheets for them but they were elderly. I had one house that would pay me extra to clean out their fridge once a month. If you're wanting to get into it I would call a couple companies and have them price your place so u can see where to go from there.