Can You Feel If Baby Is Breech?

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
Ello. My doctor said he thinks baby Corrine is head-down... But! I don't feel the kicks up top anymore. More on the side and lower down. I'm deathly terrified of having a C-section, so is there a way to tell if she is indeed head-down, besides ultrasound? I have my 3D ultrasound tomorrow at 3pm EST, will they tell me if she's head-down? Thank ya!

Comments

• They'll definitely tell you. Sometimes you can tell, sometimes you can't. Depends on how far along you Are. Just because you feel movement doesn't mean it's a kick... it could be an arm, an elbow, the head, just the baby moving to get comfortable, etc!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm almost 33 weeks, and I swear I felt her big butt up top, up until last week. And omigosh, I am VERY WIDE all of a sudden. I guess they aren't really "kicks", but slidey, alien like movements. I have videos on my FB of it. @1_mama_squared, @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle
  • My lil one was butt down a couple of weeks ago I'm hoping she turned I think she did I'm feeling movements to the side and down low before I felt them up top her feet were by her faace then
  • My son was breech. I would feel kicks very low and they hurt. His head would push up and give me really bad heartburn.
  • My son is breech right now and has been for 6-7 weeks if I remember right. (i have ultrasounds every 2 weeks) His head is on my right side near my rib cage, his butt is down by my pubic bone, and his feet are on the left side of my bellybutton. So basically he is in a V position. I've been trying to get the little bugger to flip, but no such luck!
  • My baby is breeched too...has been since the beginning....i just wish he would turn..I'm 33 weeks i hope he turns soon..
  • @ahuyser I am 33 weeks too. I have been trying a bunch of things (all harmless) I have found on the internet...and nothing so far :( Let me know if you try something and it works for you please!!
  • Ohh definitely, i heard handstands in the pool work, or some kind of pelvic move, lol i even heard from one of my customers that during a full moon to get on all fours!! Ha ha @Mindy061606
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Ok, so I did that... I must be to fat to do it right, cuz I feel something everywhere! If doc is wrong, is it too late to turn her? As I said, I'm DEATHLY scared of a C-section! :-ss

@Beautiful_Altar Did they turn him, or he turned by himself?

@camommy When will you know for sure if she's head-down?
  • @Mindy061606, @ahuyser When are you guys due?
  • I go to the dr on thurs so hopefuly they can tell me then. I'm due first week of aug so she still has a couple more weeks
  • @Fate I am due July 30. My first was breech and I had a c-section. This time I am trying for a vbac so I need him to flip! :)
  • I can when my babys head is down I get alot of pressure but when hes breech I can feel his toes in my bladder.
  • @Mindy061606, @camommy My due date is August 3rd, and I'm afraid she has very little room to turn. If I find out that she's breech, I'm gonna try the pool thing. I guess for the doctor to turn a baby, it can be very stressful on the baby, they prep for a C-section just in case baby doesn't tolerate being turned. I hope she's not breech.
  • @youngmami3 When are you due? And how can you be sure those aren't fingers in your bladder? I was never scared with my last two. Just because they used to give an ultrasound at 30 weeks, but they give it at 20 weeks now.
  • I think you will find out tomorrow..you will get to see baby and see if she is breech or not..try not to stress about it! I think they should still be able to turn her.. I will send positive thoughts your way that she is not breech and no csection!
  • @Fate we still have time :) My dr. said he should have plenty of room to flip around for a while yet. I can relate to being worried tho. He said we are scheduling a csec if hes not flipped by july 4th. We need some 'flipping' dust if there is such a thing lol.
  • @garagebandfan Thanks! I don't stress over much, but surgery is an extremely scary thing for me. I have a kidney in my body that doesn't even work, and was too scared to get it removed. Lmao. So it's just hanging out in there. :))
  • I will update after my appointment tomorrow. I've never had a 3D so I'm super excited. @Mindy061606 Since you said it... FLIPPING DUST to all the breechers!
  • Haha I like it. Looking forward to your update. Flipping dust, if needed that is, back at ya!
  • My second was breech until a week before he was due and then thankfully he flipped..although I went two weeks over so.. ill pray for flipping dust not overdue baby lol
  • @Fate August 1st!!! :)
  • You have plenty of time for the baby to turn hun and if baby doesn't turn on its own by 37 weeks your doctor can then attempt to flip baby manually. :) my second was breech until 36 weeks and I went to the chiropractor and she flipped right after! :) sometimes that's all you need. I had her vaginally 11 days ago! Good luck hun and congrats!
  • @fate He never turned. I ended up having him csection 2 weeks ago today. My doctor said she has seen to many bad outcomes from doctors trying to flip babies.
  • My son is beech he kicks me in my bladder and low on the sides I can feel him head butt me up top and nudges from his hands I knew he was breech before the doctor told me it hurt at times and some kicks make me damn near pee on myself