Belly line & dark spots?

• I know we all get that belly line when we are preggo. I started getting a few dark spots around my belly button maybe 2 weeks ago. I am 26wks & 1 day. Does anyone know if getting those dark spots is normal? They're not super dark, they look like faint birth marks near my belly button area. What are these and should I be worried!?

• I don't know if its the same thing that I have. But I have spots that look like birth marks, its called tinea versicolor. But mine are under my boobs, where my bra is, on my sides. But I have had it before I was pregnant, the pregnancy just made it worse. But you can ask your doctor to find out what it really is.

• Do you know if the dark spots go away? I'm definitely going to ask my doctor at my next appt on July 1st.

• SharkMommySharkMommy June 2011

@RizzyChicky @Cait_SeptemberMommy Its just a type of hyperpigmentation.. It fades after giving birth sometimes completly.. I got a spot between my thumb and index finger also my armpits turned soo dark is gross! I asked my doctor and she said not to worry!

• @sharkmommy
    I thought I was the only person who's armpits got dark during pregnancy. I hate it!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • bettybetty June 2011

My armpits are black.too! I didnt wear.my sleevless maternity blouses cuz of that.. How do they clear up? Its very depressing

@Mommyof4girls @betty I've seen a couple "how to" videos on youtube.. but I haven't tried any. :-?? I wanna wait and see if they go away on their own :-W

• bettybetty June 2011

@sharkmommy.... thanx.. never thought of looking it up there...

@betty you're welcome.. I'm a Youtube addict! lol

• It's gone away for me before. So, not too worried yet....

@Mommyof4girls I hope mine goes away too.. since this is my first baby I kinda freak out with every change I go thru!

• It's hard not too... I called my cousin everyday! Totally freaking out about every little change w my first. I felt soo bad. But she is amazing. Thank God for her or I would have lost my mind.

@Mommyof4girls samething with me.. good thing that I'm surrounded by women that've gone thru it all lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• @sharkmommy
    Im just glad I have a place I can help people now!

• Thank you ladies :-) I will def ask my doc about it next time I see her. I haven't gotten any spots anywhere except for this. It's just so weird! Haha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories