"best friend" issues to keep my mouth shut or put her in her place???

So my "best friend" of 6yrs is slowly going nuts!! 1st she has a huge fit over not being the person to plan my baby shower. Which eventually I give in and say OK. If its that important to u then we can do it together. Well its been a huge mess to say the least. (Not even gonna get into all of that) but 2days after the invites were mailed DH says O, I forgot these 3 ppl can we get the invites sent in time? Sure we had extra invites no biggy. I apologize to her for MY mistake and ask her to send out 3more invites at which point she FREAKS out about how much money she has spent and how much money 3 more ppl will cost. Then quits speaking to me for 2 days and ditches me a few days later for our lunch date (without informing me in advance!) Well she apologizes and the next day informs me she's coming to see me. OK fine whatever... she then shows up at my front door with a man I happen to know is married w/3 kids and introduced him as her new boyfriend. OK really! But I keep my mouth shut. Well they sit on my couch for 3 hours and are all but making out and out of no where he very clearly looks at her n says lets go make a baby. I don't wanna wait to knock u up any more! So they leave, thank God!!!! I'm so happy my hubby didn't see this, he wouldst kicked out in a very rude way. But then she txts me and asks what I think of him. So I tell her I don't like that u sat making out with a married man on.my couch and as a married woman I feel ur moving way to fast with a man who is married. I felt I was being polite as possible being that I wanted to vomit on them. But now she's acting as if I'm in the wrong. If ur so.happy with this man then y does my opinion matter any way?!?!

Comments

• Wow She does seem to be just jumping off the deep end. idk how to even respond. That guy though sounds like a d@@ches. Id went off when he said lets go make a baby. That's wildly inappropriate to say at someone elses house... Wtf
  • Both the guy nd ur friend are crazy as hell to come up into ur home nd pull some crap like that. Reminds me of my sister. I think u were really polite in the manner u handled it cuz I would've probably reacted the way ur hubbub would've nd kicked the skank nd her man out my house. Jus ridiculous.....seriously!
  • I honestly would try calmly to out her in her place. If she reacts badly oh well, she kinda needs to realize she is um... Not doing so well at the moment.
  • @rckprincess2. I was beyond words I was so mad when he said that!! This is also the friend who informed me that it was no fair when I told her I was preggo, cuz her single @SS was wanting a baby and she shoulda been the one with the good news. My baby shower is on the 25th n honestly I think her n all the decorations are gonna be a no show.
    @roseisamommynow trust me if she wasn't planning my baby shower her @SS woulda been sitting on the curb. I feel that she was very disrespectful of me n my believes just by bringing him into my home, knowing how I feel about it. Needless to say she is known for cheating on her now ex husband and past BF. and this is the 2nd married man she's been with in a year.
    Uhgg! I just don't know how to handle her drama any more. And honestly I don't think I should have to.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sunshinelove she texted me yesterday to inform me that I was being negative and acting like she was dumb for dating a married man. Well, hello!!!! I'm sorry but you've done this b4 and ended up burned and u know I'm not gonna approve in the 1st place. If and when he is divorced ill be happy as a clam for u, but until then keep ur PDA off my couch and him outta my house. Cuz next time ill stick him out with the dogs where he belongs.
  • Wow she sounds like a really toxic friend. I hate to say this because she is ur friend but maybe u should let her go. I've had to do this with a couple of my friends when I realized how toxic they really were. One was always negative about everything, literally everything. "Congrats on the baby, but its going to be crying all the time and ur nvr going to sleep again." To her mom, "happy mothers day, ugh I am having such a bad day today because (insert pointless excuse here)"

The other was doing what ur friend was doing in a way. Except she wasn't dating married men. She was dating...err barely legal boys. I mean she's only 20 so it wasn't too bad, but damn girl don't be all ima marry this man after 2wks of dating and try to make a 16-17yo boy b the new step daddy of ur 5yo kid.
  • Wow..
    Im sorry shes putting you in that situation.but honestly that's annoying. One of my good friends is kind of like that in the whole drama department. i just keep my distance now. Its stressful.
  • @rckprincess2 O she pulls that negative crap too! It drives me nuts. Shell ask how ur day is then be like O well yippee for u my life sucks... and she starts out a relationship saying they are just f**k buddies and a couple days later is asking what I think of this wedding dress or that venue. And she thinks she has more right to be in the l&d room with me cuz she's my "best friend" I think I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut till the baby showers over and be like. Bye bye I don't need your drama no more!
    Dating boys that young!!! That's just crazy I can see a yr maybe 2 younger but if their still in high school They are off limits!!!
  • Yea. Its disgusting. I tried to explain to her how disgusting it was to more or less date a child but she tried to tell me how mature he was...he acted like every other teenage boy if not a little worse cause he "had anger issues" which was basically him throwing a tantrum big kid style =p if she still ends up throwing u one and not just brushing it off id def go for it. Even if that does sound a bit selfish. As parents and soon to be parents anything we can get go for it =) lol
  • i hope she comes thru for your baby shower i really do, but it might sound shallow of me..... but maybe after that, give her some true open thoughts on where u stand and how if she were a true friend and wants to keep u as a friend, then she shouldnt go around parading her married boyfriends around like its no big deal and set some boundaries or rules for when she visits with you hopefully she comes around and realizes shes stuck on stupid at the moment....good luck.....it aint easy being friends with those who think u should support their lifestyles simply bc ur their friends but i feel a true friend will be honest w u even though they might not like it!! i have a freind who sleeps around and has a new boy toy i kid u not every week and she falls in love with everyone of those guys and might i add she is not on bc or use protection.........i stick by her bc i feel like she listens to my advice from time to time until she has another relapse & sleeps around again.........and my boys n her daughter r really good friends.....
  • @mamato2boys I have always been brutally honest with her. She claims its her favorite thing about me. Her last "relationship" was so bad I told her that I couldn't handle him being around ( he would verbally attack me for no reason) so if she wanted to hang out it would just be the two of us and she decided she didn't need me if I wasn't OK with his rudeness cuz it wasn't that bad to her. She has a history of bad relationship choice. And I've always told her if she's happy then I support her. Even if I don't agree with her choices. But I think she's beginning to go to far.
  • heck yes I like the sick.the dogs after him idea ;)
  • Supporting her as long as she's happy is different from openly accepting behaviors that are against your beliefs. And this may sound blunt but she's not happy. When you're involved with men short term and sex is always a factor, you're not happy with yourself. A true best friend is not going to tolerate their partner being openly rude to you. Sure not everyone gets a long and likes each other but she dismissed his attacks on you (imo) because it made her feel good about herself. You can't tell her who to date (or influence her) but that doesn't mean you have to accept it either.
  • @mrs_shu I believe u may know this grl! LOL. U are very right she is not happy and allowed this boy to attack not only me but others because it was funny to her and made her feel good about herself. And that is not a true friend. Deep down I've always known she wasn't but I'm starting to feel like keeping her around is only more harmful (mentally) for me. Just like this morning I woke up to find that she herself is making comments about me on Facebook and how she is hurt and upset that I don't agree with her "life changes" as she put it. Just so she can get positive feed back from ppl who have no clue what is going on. So now ppl i dont even know are bashing me on facebook for bein a bad friend. It actually made me laugh. And in no way am I going to keep feeding into her behavior, if she ditches me at my baby shower then Ill be upset. (I did give her her last baby shower, because her family said one for her first child was enough.) But life will also go on.
  • wow. personally i would tell her shes lost her mind and that i wouldnt want him around. i wont condone someone cheating on their spouse. as for her freaking out on you that's a little strange. it sounds like other people's perception of her rule her moods. so i would brush it off your shoulder and tell her "i can still do this on my own."
  • Huh? Moving too fast? He's married! U were more than polite..... she's nuts! I don't get these women...oh his marriage is over they r getting a divorce. Then wait! Soooooooooo trashy.
  • I wouldn't let her throw the shower otherwise afterwards she's gonna use that against u..my opinion tho..sounds like she has low self esteem
  • Well hell,she's hurting her damn self and if she don't give a crap,I wouldn't worry anout it,after what she has pulled.haha I wouldn't give a shit,I'd let her just dig that hole....
  • @nicoleok87 that is exactly what she said and I pointed out that the last Guy was getting a divorce aswell. (He's still married a year later) and I told her to wait till the papers were signed but that's just gonna take to long! Its sad really I'm just waiting for one of the wife's to get ahold of her. Maybe then shell learn.
  • wow that's insane!!!! i wouldn't keep your feelings in I tell it all..but that's me lately since ive been pregnant my mouth has been on the edge of getting me in trouble lol and i honestly don't agree with married people cheating on one another if you want to cheat then get a divorce don't vows mean anything these days?
  • @blessed29 mine do, that I know for sure. I think that's part of y her actions bug me so much...
  • @Adensmommy0803 lol that's Wut they all say!!! Stupid girls! Any woman that gets with a married man is trash.:/ maybe u should be harsh with her?....
  • I'm not gonna lie..I had some issues with my "best friend" and some stuff she was saying/doing. I couldn't handle it anymore and I told her she was selfish, and needed to get over herself. I haven't spoken to her since the end of april and people are telling me to get over it and talk to her because no one talks to her anymore and she is all sad. I don't give into her little pity party because she will just keep thinking its okay to walk all over and abuse our friendship. Sorry abt my rant:/ I personally think she is just mad because I did put her in her place after years of taking her crap. No one tells her like it is but it needed to be done. Good luck and I'm sorry she has gone a little crazy.
  • @nicoleok87 I was harsh with her this morning then at 3or4 this afternoon she started overloading my phone with pictures of all the bruises she got after falling down the stairs Tuesday night. Like I should feel bad for her. If it was a big deal y r u just now telling me?!? I'm just so done!
  • Hopefully she bumped her head and it knocked some sense into her.
  • Fell down the stairs huh? Karma.......:)