can you have sex while having a yeast infection?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Okay so I'm on medication for the yeast infection and was wondering if your allowed to have sex while you have one.

Comments

• You shouldn't because you can pass it on to your partner. After all it is an infection.
  • Okay thanks =/
  • No I think u should wait !
  • If you try it neither of you will ever try again. It's pretty gross in there when u have a yeast infection lol especially if u use a suppository to treat it.
  • Yes wait bcus i had sex and i didnt know i had one and it burned sooooo bad
  • @mommyy2be yikes that def might kill the sex drive again lol
    @starrxoxo9 that's the one you have to stick up there? It makes me feel so un comfy the whole night it sucks
  • It does burn really bad but i have never heard of passing it on to ur partner
  • Oh you can definitely pass it on to your partner! Their penis turns bright red and peels--Yuck!
  • I Havent Had Sex Since It Happened & That Was In March It Was Soooo Uncomfortable
  • I wouldn't you can pass the yeast I.fection to him and then back to you ...yikes!
  • So I had a yeast infection some time back in my pregnancy. No sex since, but should he be treated?
  • Wouldn't a doctor share something this important?!!
  • I had asked my doc about it last time i was prego 4 years ago and they said that you can, plus if your using the med it would get on him and clear it up if he had it
  • @mom2be wow it peels that doesn't sound fun I just thought men burned when they peeded if they ever got one

@angierose3 hmm thanks for the input
  • @mommy2be92 in my hubbys experience it didnt burn when he peed. The doc gave me medication which he also used and it cleared right up. The peeling looked like a sunburn-poor guy. But it cleared up in a day or two.
  • @mom2be I haven't had sex with him recently but his is starting to peel so I was thinking I had it before I knew