Plus sz mama's lookin smaller?

edited June 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
I keep getting told I look like I'm losing weight. My face looks thinner and my waist. Anyone else appear thinner now that your preggo? Or is it my imagination.

Comments

• I've lost about ten pounds and I'm 19 weeks. Look just a bit smaller with a little bump. I like it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have lost about 30 pounds since being prego I'm 34 weeks and my last doctor visit I had lost another 3 pounds, I think when your thick you lose more weight.
  • @blueberrysmom I lost weight at first but now at 29 weeks i' ve only gained 5lbs. I'm happy about that to.
    @firsttimemommytobe I'm at the beginning of my third trimester. Are you saying its all down hill from here? Lol.
  • @mom4the1sttime why do you think you've lost so much weight?
  • Genetics lol no I really have no idea why I'm losing so much. I haven't changed anything diet wise and I lay around so much I should be way heavier
  • Shittttttt! I'm 28 weeks I hope I start losing weight! Lol I'm like 183 at the moment..
  • Me, lol. I lost 25 lbs last time (too bad I couldn't keep it off) and I'm down 12 lbs this time. I had to buy a bella band to keep my old pants up, lol!
  • Lol yup ive been told I. Look slim Lol so weird
  • I wish too. Im looking bigger then i normally am and i only gained 4lbs. Im 16 weeks too.
  • I've lost 6 so far. I'm 14 wks.
  • I'm almost 35 weeks along and i have lost 30 lbs with this pregnancy.. I was a lil worried at first but now I'm actually gaining weight and at my last Dr's visit The sonogram showed that my lil girl weighed a healthy 6 lbs so I'm just happy that everything is right on track :)
  • In my first trimester I lost 10 pounds and my mom was worried because she said I looked thinner in my face and body. It was all the nausea and my appetite wasn't that great (maybe the hcg had something to do with it too lol)...

Now I seem to be getting bigger and my madre even said I look pregnant now. I don't weigh myself because I don't have a scale but I'm sure I'm back in the 200's by now....
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not plus size I'm kinda average I think, (English size 12/14) but I've been told I look so much slimmer on my face and legs, I can tell I'm loosing it off my legs as my pants r gettin baggy around my thighs
  • Oh my yes haha my mom didn't know for the first few months. I thought she might start noticing but she said I was losing weight haha I'm like Wth..... Im 30 weeks now and still losing though.. its crazy
  • edited June 2011
    Is pregnancy the new weight loss program? In the end you get an adorable new baby and a slimmer body. :)

@mommamoon could just be the summer heart getting to you and making you look a little swollen.

@mommyoffive seriously I'm baffled by that much weight loss in pregnancy.

@reemama how much have you loss?

@stacyrae I'm more like you with a few extra pounds.
  • In my face and waist I can see the weight loss also everyone has told my all of my weight is now just in my tummmy but I seem to be losing it everywhere else.......
  • I lost about 15 lbs....Im 36 wks n ppl dont notice im preggo. Btw I weigh.195 so I guess I jus look fat lol
  • the hcg hormone during pregnancy is actually used as a dietary supplement now. my mil lost almost 50 lbs on it in 3 months! but that hormone is usually the reason why pregnant women will lose weight or fluctuate.
  • I'm 32 weeks...I've lost 37 lbs and gained 2.
  • edited July 2011
    holy wow, 37 lbs? @katiep8610, what has your doc said about that much loss?
    and can i ask a question? what classifies plus size? i dont want to sound stupid but i dont know if i would be under that or not. iv always been bigger than everyone i know but i dont know if like i would be or not.
  • I didn't gain a single pound until I was about 26 weeks. Now I'm 32 weeks and have gained 10lbs total. I also went on complete bedrest when I started gaining the weight so that could be why.
  • Its normal. But after giving birth I gain the weight so this time am watching my weight after giving birth.
  • I was just told by a friend who I haven't seem since new year that I look like I lost weight...and I'm 36 weeks pregnant...i have only gained 7lbs though
  • I've lost 20 pounds and gained 2...im 23 weeks and 4 days...i think im gona gain more bc everytime i eat like 5 mins later it's like im starving again...i kno your eating for 2...but i feel like i'm eatin for 6!
  • I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow and still in all my pre preg clothes just can't keep my pants buttoned when I sit down or they dig into my baby... I lost a lot of weight in my first 6 weeks before I even knew I was pregnant although I was attaching the snack machine like a cookie monster and eating all the chili cheese fritos and everything else in sight haha
  • I lost 5 and gained 2 lbs and one lb from baby I was 19 weeks