Physically assulted at work today

edited June 2011 in Thirty Plus
Can u believe my patients daughter pushed me. I told the lady never to touch me again and I was calling security. My job did nothing because they said it was my word against hers. If I would've beat her ass I'd be in trouble. The only thing that saved that women is the baby in my tummy. I swear she was an inch short of a ass whoopin. Im so pissed. I'm definitely finding another job. If I can't feel safe at work what the fuck am I doing there. Ugh

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Other nurses told me she was difficul but I didn't expect this. I wasn't moving fast enough to give her mom pain meds and she pushed me and said "Go take care of my mom". I got to her as fast as I could. Even if they had waited a hr that is no reason to touch someone.
  • I would write an incident report and call unemployment as ask them if u quit if u can collect unemployment because of saefty issues, especially if u have to deal with her on a regular basis.
  • Thats just rediculous....
  • Security made a "note" of it but I feel like my job turned their back on me. They could've at least asked her to leave until tomorrow. Instead the let her and her brother stay and stare me down the rest of the day. He kept coming by the nursing station just to look at me. I was apprehensive about going to my car. My hubby said he would come but I know if the guy was anywhere outside my hubby would've lost it.
  • edited June 2011
    I wanted to call the cops since security couldn't do anything w/o witnesses but I really wasn't sure. Im torn because her mom is dying and I don't want her to miss it but on the other hand she was completely out of line. It put so much stress on me. I was and still concerned for Parker. Its the most stressful event this pregnancy.