EYELASH PERMING

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
Have any of you had this done while preggo?? I made an appointment to get mine done because I hate doing them every morning when I'm getting ready for work or to go out I always want the perfect curl so it takes me a minute. This lasts up to 6-8 weeks.
@gabbyc

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have never heard of it either!! I know they say to be careful about perming your hair, because pregnancy can make the chemicals not take like normal. So you may not get the best results while pregnant.
  • I was just thinking that I didn't ask of it was safe to get that done while preggo, I'm going to call my dr and ask just to make sure.
  • Wow! I have to look that one up! I never heard of it & im a hairstylist! Hmmmm... sounds interesting... do u kno the process of hand? U sud be able to ask the technician whose doing the process if its safe or not & they sud be able to tell u the answer.. if it were me i wud call & ask just to make sure b4 u go... Better safe than sorry! :)
  • @FiRstTiMeOcT_mOm -I don't know the process my cousin had it done but and it looks amazing it totally brings out her eyes and she said you can still use mascara and wash you your lashes like you normally do and the curl won't come off until about 6-8 weeks.
  • Ok cool well still ask to make sure! I hope u can! Have Fun! :)
  • http://www.bellasugar.com/Eyelash-Perming-Safe-1123512#home tells you a little about the process and some of the risks. I've thought about doing it but I'm too broke lol.
  • @FiRstTiMeOcT_mOm
    FOUND THIS ONLINE...LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE CANCELLING MY APPOINMENT:(
    Eyelash perming is a safe and effective method for curling your lashes. Eyelash perming is a great alternative for clients with straight lashes who want a natural curl without the daily use of manual eyelash curlers. Great for anyone with straight or down turned lashes. Excellent to do before a extension application for an extra curved look! Last 6-8 weeks.

Typical eyelash perming services involve a complicated process that involves rollers and at least 30-40 minutes to achieve the final result. Skin N Beyond uses a method that slip's on a clip that secures easily and fits any eye shape, we apply the curling cream for 6- 10 minutes, then wipe off, then apply the conditioning cream for 4 minutes, then wipe off and we are done! Quick, simple and no mess eyelash perm!

Every lash is curled by the diagonal molds of the clips. The inner security pad lining prevents the solutions cream from leaking into the eyes.

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Two revolutionary curls clips are placed onto lashes

2. Curling Cream is applied.

3. Cream is left on for 10 minutes for thick, resistant, bushy, virgin lashes and 6 minutes for thin lashes.

4. Conditioning Treatment is applied.

5. Treatment is left on for 4 minutes.

6. Clips are slid off and you're done - it's as simple as that!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

How do I prepare for my Perm Service?

Make sure your eyelashes are clean and mascara-free when you come in for your service.

How do I take care of my permed lashes after the SimplePerm service?

Avoid water contact for 24 hours after the service.

Can I wear mascara?

Yes, any type of mascara or eye makeup may be used.

Will the perm damage my lashes, cause breakage or loss?

No, we use a Conditioning Treatment right after the Curling Cream which prevents damage from occurring.

Can I tint my lashes after doing SimplePerm?

Yes.

Can a perm be used on pregnant or nursing women?

As a precaution, we do not recommend use for pregnant or nursing women.

• edited June 2011
    @rockinmomma - Thanks, I found something online it looks like I won't be getting them done until after my baby is born:(
  • @JuliansMommy awww sorry mama! :( But im glad u saw that b4 u went! & thanks bcuz i learned something new today!