??

edited July 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
How far along were you when u felt it move?

Comments

• Flutters I felt her at 16wks. Actual kicks about 24. Now I am 26.5wks and feel her ask the time.
  • ok im heavier so I thought it might be awhile before i felt anything. people at work have been asking and always seem surprised im not feeling anything yet at 16 weeks.
  • 22-24 weeks I felt more kicks than flutters and I'm a big girl too.......
  • What do you mean by flutters? my mom asks me if i feel those all the time and I have no idea what that means lol
  • I didn't feel flutters till 22 or 23 weeks. Felt her kick at 25 weeks. And bd felt her for the first time at 27 weeks.
  • flutters to me remind me of a fish swimming
  • Justlittle almost tickles in your stomach some people say it feels like butterflies I didn't feel that they just felt like someone was tickling me a little from the inside lol
  • I'm 23w today and started feeling actual kicks/punches(inside only) a couple weeks ago.
  • I'm a plus size momma And I felt first flutters around 14 weeks, more kicks and movements from the inside around 20 weeks and kicks and movements from the outside around 22 weeks. I've actually been able to see movements from the outside now for about 2 weeks. :) So exciting!!!!
  • I feel silly. Im sitting here trying to focus real hard on feeling something but I don't lol I hope i will feel something soon
  • You will drive yourself crazy trying to feel the baby move. That's what happened to me. And when I finally felt her it was so unreal.
  • 18 weeks for inner flutters, 19 for inner kicks, 22 for everything else :) I laid on my tummy and that's when I felt the first ones :)
  • @mattandmallory27 I am heavy as well. When I went to thr dr at 24wks I was 288. So I know what you mean. I feel it did take a lil longer, cause the poor lil girl has alot to kick through lol. Now I cant wait til I can see her move from thr outside <}
  • I am heavy too and around 17 weeks I felt what felt like a muscle spasm in my low abdomen. And by 21 weeks I could faintly feel.kicks on the outside. It is different for every woman. 2 times before I felt movement I felt something that I would discribe as my uterus doing a summer salt lol. Everyone is different though and at first you might not notice them because it is very soft. But don't worry soon you will defiantly feel movement.
  • ok so I was in your boat too....I'm a big girl this is my second and I didn't start to feel anything noticeable until about 19-21 weeks....Now I'm 30 weeks and wish the movement would stop because her little elbows and feet start to feel like they are scraping the inside of my tummy like you would a pumpkin to carve it... lol just thought I would share, your time will come soon when you notice the obvious movements! Good Luck!
  • I just started feeling little kicks the other day. I'm 20 weeks and my man can feel them slightly when I lay on my back and push down just a little on my tummy.
  • I'm just now starting to feel Blueberry regularly and I'm 23 weeks today.
  • Don't worry too much I didn't feel my baby move til 17 weeks and now I feel him all the time. Sometimes I am pretty sure he's rolling around in there having a great time. At 21 weeks I saw my belly move and it was awesome! Everytime my husband touches my wiggling tummy he stops! He says Brantley knows he is daddy and calms down. I tease he is hiding from him.
  • fluttering is similar to gas bubbles... But like some said the butterfly feeling as well. I'm 15w3d and feel the baby. But this is my second and I know what it feels like.
  • I didn't feel my baby move until 20 weeks either time. You're fine!
  • At 20 weeks my baby had hiccups and that's when I knew it was my baby and not just gas lol I only felt em while laying on my belly
  • I felt him flutter and swim about at 13 weeks regularly, about 18 weeks I felt him actually kick but only inside, 21 weeks you could see and feel my belly moving around like a scene from alien. Every nurse who has ever used a doppler on me says I have the most active dang baby they have ever seen :D Honestly enjoy them being still while you can... after about 26 weeks.... their kicks start to hurt like all hell... At least mine does, I swear he is trying to break my ribs and dig his way out threw my belly button
  • This is my 3rd with my other 2 I was smaller but still didn't feel til 20-ish weeks. With this on I felt little movements but I was sad BC no kicks. It's BC I have anterior and posterior lying placenta

Basically my placenta starts in the front and wraps around to the BK so he had to get just right for me to feel definite movements. I'm almost 33 wks now its so great! I see and feel UT all the time but it doesn't hurt BC I have the pillow (placenta) there