They Turned Him!

edited July 2011 in July 2011
I had my ECV (external cephalic version) this morning! It took 7 minutes for the doctor to turn him head down; his head was straight up and centered prior to the procedure. It was a lot of pressure; the only brief pain I felt was the doctor's fingernails! LOL! They are still monitoring his heart rate now, but it sounds very good. Hopefully he doesn't flip again! :)

I'm a little jittery due to the medicine they gave me to relax my uterus, but I feel great otherwise. :D

Comments

• So it didn't hurt??? All the doc used was his hands??? Glad you two are okay!!!
  • How?just curious how this is dne
  • @Mybabe No pain, other than the doc's fingernails slightly digging in me as she grabbed & turned his head!

@mommy2b1111 They monitored the baby's heart rate for a while before they started, to make sure he wasn't already stressed. They also did an ultrasound to verify his exact position. They put the IV shunt in my hand just in case, and gave me a shot in my arm with the meds to relax my uterus. Then they poured mineral oil on my belly and the doc started turning him with her hands. Another doc monitored him via ultrasound the whole time.
  • Kool!.how far along r u? Music218
  • I'm 37+2 :)
  • Its my turn at 11am!! I hope they can turn my baby too! So glad to hear how easy it was... what a relief! If they get my baby turned they will go ahead and keep me and induce though.. I'm 38 weeks 4 days. Thanks a bunch for the post!
  • @robinlinlee83 I hope things go great for you, too! Is this your first baby? I've been having small contractions, a minute apart. I didn't feel a thing but the nurse saw them on the paper that comes out of the monitoring machine (not sure what that's called). They want to monitor me more to make sure the contractions don't get bigger before they send me home. Please keep me posted! :D
  • Aww yay. And I was monitored in the hospital I was about to be induced for preeclampsia and I had contractions on the paper but didnt feel them. I went from 0cm to 3cm in one day. And was given a cervidill to ripen my cervix and help.dilate more. Good luck :) glad hes head down now
  • That's an awesome and considerate hospital! Glad they are monitoring you! This is my 2nd baby.. my first little girl is 19 months old. I secretly hope she hasn't turned so I can get induced today... but I think I feel knees kicking me under my ribs so chances are she has turned and I will have to wait for an induction. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @maymommy11 and @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle Thank you so much, ladies! I'm ecstatic that he tolerated everything so well. He was my main concern.

@robinlinlee83 Aww don't be sad! It's good that she has possibly turned on her own and won't have to go through any unnecessary stress. She'll be here soon either way! :)
  • I'm home resting now. Guess I'll go walking later and do some squats! LOL! Next doc appt is Fri. I hope they check me and tell me I've made progress! :D
  • Awesome! Way to go little man! :)