Anyone actually go into labor after positive fFn test??

edited July 2011 in Premature Babies
I was sent to the hospital on Friday because I had a bladder infection, contractions and positive fFn. After 2 hours of monitoring I got sent home. I'm not on bedrest and have my follow up tomorrow. Just curious of other's stories if they went into pre-term labor anyways even if enital monitoring went well. I know also the fFn isn't very accurate and is used more to get a negative result.

Comments

• Oh yeah I'm 29 weeks.
  • I one day had to go to the hospital because they thought I had a kidney stone and they tested me for pre term labor and it came back positive but they think it might be wrong cause me and my bd had sex 2 days earlier and I was maybe 26 weeks when all this happened and my doctor said if it was right I would have gone into labor then but I'm 30 weeks now and baby naliyah is still in the oven lol
  • Thanks ladies. I'm still weirded out it was positive. At the time husband and I hadn't had sex for 7 or 8 days so don't think it was a false positive but as a first time mom I may just be over thinking it.
  • Ummm, what is ffn?