my baby shower was great

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
so the day was hot, I got burnt lol bc it was outside. I got about 900 bucks in cash, diapers that will last me about six months, about 26 items off my babies r us registry n lots of baby clothes, blankets, bassinet, bouncer, crib, bottle warmers, the only thing we still need is the car seat n stroller lol but I guess thats where the money comes in handy :) I had a blast. the best game I had was the beer bottle game for the guys seeing who can suck the beer out the fastest lol. but it was a successful shower I must say :)

Comments

• @jellybelly1015 lol the comment up above tells u how my shower went. I got a whole bunch of clothes too not a thousand bucks worth but maybe 500 haha. im glad ur shower was good. how did ur cake taste :)
  • aww yay sounds like an amazing shower. glad u had a blast!!
  • Awesome! U got soo much :) lucky
  • @blessed1508, I really did enjoyed myself :) im very blessed to have a huge family n to have family n friends that care for my lil nyla :)

@myheartzx3 I did get alot of gifts. I dont knoe how to post pics up or I would. maybe I can ask someone to do it for me

• @blessed1508, I really did enjoyed myself :) im very blessed to have a huge family n to have family n friends that care for my lil nyla :)

@myheartzx3 I did get alot of gifts. I dont knoe how to post pics up or I would. maybe I can ask someone to do it for me

• Yeah my last two baby showers I didn't get that much..this time I'm just buying everything myself lol.
    Upload pics on photobucket and copy n paste the html code
  • Cake was awesome :) sorry you got burnt, but man, you got a lot of useful stuff, and money to help! That is great! I wish my families had been considerate about registery, but his family really only wanted to see baby in outfits they got her so they can say "I got her that!" (hubby's family even all put their names on the onsies while my family decorated them nicely). Do you think I'm to old to do some fundraising lol??? Hmmm... Maybe charge everyone $5 for a 5 minute snuggle with her the week she is born.... Hehe. Beer game sounded like a hoot!!! :)
  • Naww I'm jealous hehe your so blessed to have such a great family. Love hearing good news! The beer game sounds fun.
  • Hi belly buddy im glad ur shower went great. Mines was yesterday as well and had a blast
  • That's so great! I'm really happy to hear it went so well! :ar!
  • Yay! I'm so happy you had a great shower! sounds like you got most of what you needed or wanted, now you can get everything ready for baby's arrival! Hope my shower goes good too.
  • Aww so happy you had a great baby shower! Hoping I have the same luck!
  • Yeah sounds great!!!! I had an amazing baby shower for my first baby!! Good luck and have fun shopping!!
  • I can't wait for my baby shower! \:D/
  • I am having one of mine next Sunday! I am so excited, it is in Iowa where I am from originally and I am going to get to see people I have not seen in a long time! I hope mine goes as well as yours did!!
  • Yay thats great I actually thought about you last night like... Hmmmm how is her baby shower going lol!!!
  • edited July 2011
    That's great!!! :-D hopefully mine will turn out @ least 1/2 as good \:D/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aww I glad it was a success for you and lik Nyla.. Now its time to go shopping and $900 is plenty considering most big items are out the way
  • @myheartx3 my sister had a successful babyshower n a first birthday for my nephew so thas y I knew mines would b also. but she got more than me but im stil grateful :). well I hope when u have ur third shower it will be great :)

@jellybelly1015 I sure wanted a piece of ur cake lol I had two cakes but it was creative like urs. yes, charge them for a snuggle n kiss when baby gets here. im cambodian n its a tradition that when u see a newborn for the first time u give baby gifts or cash but its not alot maybe an outfit or 30 bucks the most

@jellybeaning11 aww thank u, im blessed that I have a huge family n friends that luv my lil nyla boo :)

@babybundle3 aww thanks mamas, im glad u had fun at ur shower too :) did u get lots of gifts

@blueberrysmom thank u buddy, I really did enjoyed myself but glad its over bc it was hard planning a shower for over 60 ppl but now we got ur shower to look foward to :)

@pregnantelf hope u have a wonderful shower :) I sure did get everything I wanted. well I got a crib but no bedding set lol but the sheets n mattress protector. so I gotta get that also but other than that im set.

@excitedforoctober thanks hun, I wish u the best of luck on ur shower too :)

@happymommyof2 I cant wait to go shopping n return the double gifts I got :)

@headersue im sure it will go well especially if ur going back to ur home town. they havent seen u so ull get lots of love for u n baby good luck :)

@mybabe lol thanks for thinking about me n nyla. u knew I was gona update ya ;-)

@claudia25 im glad we both had a great baby shower. as long as baby got all the important gifts thas all that matters. I just got a bunch of everything. nyla really needs her own room now. lol

@mommytobof_1 ull have a blast at urs. dont u worry :)

@navywife lol dont b jealous, I emailed u n sent sum pics :)

@trisharose yessss, I so wana go shopping. not today tho bc im red as hell n body aches bc I did way to much walking n serving at the shower. I wanted to make sure all my guest was fed n happy :) ppl had to tell me to sit down a couple of times. my shoulders r burnt n its hot. skin is peeling I heard its bad to have sunburn while pregnant :(

@everyone thank u ladies for stopping by for ur greets n blessings :) luv ya
  • Wow, sounds very successful. That's nice
  • Damn woman! Can i have ur guest list! Lol how many people did u have? I wish we got cash!
  • @yummymummy1 thanks it was very nice :)

@ethansmommy122 lol the cash part was nice bc I spent over a 1000 on the shower. I had over 60 ppl it was at a park just family, friends n co workers. it was a co ed :) lots of kids. my grandma had 13 kids, n her kids had 5 to 8 kids each n so u do the math. so I have lots of cousins n everyone came with gifts n money. im so happy n plus it took me five yrs to get pregnant so everyone was very happy to come to my shower :) when is ur shower??
  • Aww that's awesome! Congrats! :D The in laws had one for me last weekend and my mom is throwing me one in 2 weeks! I dont wanna sound ungreatful but Id rather get cash than clothes and that's majority of what we got last week...We'll see about the next one! Every little bit helps since we're broke!
  • reading the "successful" post about baby showers makes me happy :)
    that's great you receives so many much needed things!
  • @ethansmommy122 lol I want the cash also so I can buy wat I like lol. hope u get ur cash in two weeks lol

@beatrice1436 I knew I was gona get alot but I got more than wat I expected. hubby was pretty happy with the outcome bc he spent alot of money helping planning the shower :)
  • Wow, sounds very successful
  • @yummymummy1 it was :) u must of been looking under baby shower bc this post is old lol I had my shower late july.
  • Lol see what sleepless nights do 2 u
  • @yummymummy1 lol I be doing the samething sometimes