they said my 4 mo. heart is too big :( LONG

edited July 2011 in March 2011
I was sleeping soundly when all of a sudden my cell phone rang. Sleepy, I answered.
"Hello."
"Is this Steven's mother?"
"Yes it is." I replied.
" This is Dr.Cooper from La Porte pediatrics. I am calling because I asked the hospital to fax over the chest x-ray of Steven and his heart is on the large side. I need you to go to the Cardiologist I am referring you to here is the number...... please call them for an appointment right now.

And that was it.

My son Steven (Jake) Had a choking episode about a month ago at 3 1/2 months.
How it happened.
I was holding him on my chest and all of a sudden he fell asleep. I had things to do, like wash the dishes and clean up the living room, fold his little clothes. I thought about putting him down in the crib in his room. I wanted to hold him more so I decided to say i will clean up when his dad gets home. All of a sudden I started to notice that he was making weird noises. I thought it was him crying because sometimes he starts to cry in his sleep. But I quickly noticed it was something else he was gasping for air I quickly turned him around to get a good look at him. His lips and mouth were blue quickly I started performing cpr at the time I was going to call 911 my husband opened the front door; he was back from cashing his pay check. He quickly saw what was happening and said let's go I called my doctor because it seemed like Jake had stopped and snapped out of it. The cpr worked. The doctor said to bring him in they were going to check his oxygen intake. We rushed to the doctors office. He was not getting enough oxygen they said and the doctor said his mouth is getting blue he needs to be taken to the er immediately. So off we went. Rushing, scared, crying and stressing. When we got there as my husband was running in with him to the er entrance I noticed my son started shaking. What I suspected he was having a seizure. I snatched the car seat from my husband put it down fast but gentle and unstrapped him and help him he had stopped. The nurses quickly took him. Lead us to a room and my husband was giving information as we walked. And then they lead us to "the room". The exact room where my two month old nephew was pronounced dead after trying to be revived. He died of SIDS. I started to cry immediatly scared that it was going to be my baby next. The nurse got started on the iv she messed up four times and I was furious. My son was crying so much and I too was crying with him. I finally yelled at the nurse who clearly did not know what she was doing she said ok I will try the Catheder now. My baby was screaming as the tube pierced his little penus. She took it out twice and said could not do it. Finally I told her this is your job!!! You don't know how to do it? Please send someone in who can! And she did. A sweet lady from the post parting floor who was uncharted of taking care of newborns and nicu patients. She stuck the iv in and my son did not even cry. He did cry when she did the Catheder but she got it in one try. After long hours of waiting blood results chest x-rays and a hurting baby we were told his lungs were fine that it was probably just reflux. Reflux? Really?! I was still not satisfied. I went home trying to soothe and comfort him. I followed up with his doctor a day later after she called me and asked how everything went. While at the doctors office she said she was going to give me a nebulizer. So I drove an hour away to pick it up after giving him his nebulizer I still was not satisfied. After feeling a little confident that my son was ok 1 month later then this happens... has anyone heard about this? My appointment in Webster, tx is not till August 18. I'm scared and worried what if my son needs a heart transplant? Please help.