does anyone else work in fast food? lol

edited July 2011 in Teen moms
I'm 18 and 25 weeks and 3 days, I work at a locally owned burger place and my boss is a cheap ass, I'm afraid he's not going to give me any kind of maternity leave.. I haven't asked yet and don't want to until it gets closer to november. Did anyone have this problem??

Comments

• I'm 17 & I Work At McDonalds :) Its Really Easy, But Not Dealinq Wit The Rude Ass Customers ! Lol That Was My Firstt Job & I'm Still Workinq There, Gunna Be 18 In 2 Months. I Got My Maternity Leave At 29 Weeks !
  • @cgm1113 I heard McDonalds gives you one, how did you ask your boss? I don't want to take any time off until after my baby comes! I need all of the money I can until then. When are you due?
  • I worked at subway.. I quit friday. But even they give you maternity leave. It's just not paid.
  • @kara_lamek I don't mind if I'm getting paid, I know my boss won't go for that! That's why I'm saving so much now :-\ not sure how much money I'll need. When are you due and where are you going to work now?
  • @pawgio im due feb 29th lol and im Trying to get a job at hobby lobby or somewhere like that lol I was getting paid good but god my manager was so lazy I couldn't deal with it anymore! But I can't blame you for saving.. I wish I could save but I have a lot im paying for:/ my bf is the one saving for the baby right now till I get things paid off! Ughh I love being pregnant but i hate the cost and stress lol
  • @kara_lamek it's too much stress sometimes my bf has fines he needs to pay so I'm the only one saving, which I'm not very good at! The owner where I work is a dick but he's only there in the mornings and I usually work nights. I just barely got accepted for medicaid but they still haven't sent me my card and it's been almost two weeks so I'm freaking out about that! I don't like being pregnant :-( I'm due nov 11 and I can't wait for this to be over, I hate being tired and sore all of the time.
  • i Just Came Back From My Appointment & Gave Him My Bedrest Excuse From Doctor. i Said The Exact Same Thinq, But My Doctor Put Me On Pelvic/Bedrest. lol & Im Due In Just 6 Weeks, On September 09 ! Wbu?
  • @pawgio girl I have to go redo my medicaid tomorrow :/ ughh im dreading it. I had a mc in feb and my medicaid wont go back 2 days before my medicaid went into affect and pay for hospital bills. Im stressed about that but tomorrow im gonna find out why they wont! My bf likes to buy car parts.. I can shoot him sometimes but its his money and he's not use to saving persay lol im sorry about your boss but maybe he wont be such an ass when it gets closer for you to have the baby. Im still really early lol only 9 weeks so idk what it all feels like yet. I do know I get nauseated at night horribly and im definitely not looking forward to peeing even more than I do now lol do the smells at your job gag you? Haha subway did me
  • @cgm1113awh lucky you're almost done! I'm due nov 11 I can't wait to be done lol I want my body back!

@kara_lamek It was such a pain in the ass to get medicaid! The people were so unhelpful I finally called the medicaid supervisor and she had me on the program by the end of the day! My bf has been horrible with money :-( it makes me angry sometimes that I'm the only one paying for anything and I sometimes have to lend him money for his fine.. but hopefully once we start buying things he'll pitch in! I hated the first trimester.. so much peeing and my boobs hurt so bad! And I cried all the time because my bf was in jail :-( but the second is much better no more constant bathroom trips and the hormones settle down, I'm okay with the smells at work, I never got moring sickness or anything, but I've had a few really bad dizzy spells at work and have almost passed out from standing too long and not drinking enough water, so make sure you stay hydrated! I think I mostly want my body back lol I feel pretty gross all the time and me and my bf never have sex anymore :-( I'm getting to the end of my second trimester and the peeing is coming back and so is the fatigue and hormones :-( our bfs need to learn how to save lol a fast car won't help the baby! But it will get you to the hospital faster when you deliver :-) haha
  • 18was working at taco bell n quit at 30weeks cause I was put on bed rest im now 32weeks 5days.
  • How long have you worked there? What state is it in? Are you just asking for time off or paid time off? Are you full time or part time?
  • i dont but i work at a dang daycare! now imagine running after kids all day and then having to come home to your 5yra old and 2yr old and pregnant on top of that!
  • @ll10 I've only been there since May, I'm in UT and I wouldn't ask for paid time off my boss is way too cheap, I work part time usually 5 hour shifts sometimes 8 but I keep getting more hours, I'm willing to work until I go into labor or I can't handle it anymore, but I don't know how much time I should even ask for.
  • @3rdangelontheway dang that sounds rough! I might like working at a daycare though, do you get to bring your kids for free if you need to? It sounds exhausting though!
  • @pawgio you and me are prego buddies now lol we got a lot in common. Ohh and he's asian so he thinks he's off fast and furious hahahaha his car doesn't look like that though. Its really nice I just hate it has no ac right now so I don't go very many places with him lol im hateful. Ohh and I know your pain about paying for everything! I do that frequently. He's gotten alot better about caring for me. He tried to feed me a couple minutes ago Haha like was putting food on the spoon blowing it and trying to put it in my mouth lol I was like wow Daddy mode much Haha I hate waking up 3 times in the night to pee. Where the heck does all that fluid come from lol and my boobs are so off limits. Too tender for touching! Me and my bf have sex but it has to be when im in the mood for it cuz I get nauseated at night so Yeahh lol luckily I haven't got sick yet! I hope I don't. Lol why wont your bf? Maybe he's scared he's gonna poke the baby in the head.. I know that weirds a lot of guys out. Things seem really rough for you:( I hate that! If i was rich id help everyone out.
  • I work at Wendys my gm made me go on leave at 35 weeks she didn't want me goin into labor there
  • You need 6 weeks but you do not qualify for any leave its all at his discretion. Just have to talk to him. Good luck
  • @pawgio... no i have to pay 200 a month,but im looking for another daycare to send them to because when my 2yr old see me she expect to go with me and cries... yeah its exhausting and frustrating ugh :p
  • I was 18/19 pregnant and working at jack in the box but got fired I was a moody preggo! Then wroked at a mexican resturant but got fired when they found out I was pregnant. This time 23 still working at 34 weeks and will til I deliver.Its super hard but we could use the cash. And it might as well be fast food I work in a resturant where I do everything bus dish cash serve seat the works. 1 server 1 cook 1 manager most of the time but its good long shifts = $$.
    Anyways their are many laws you should call someone in your state to see. Also ask you doctor about disability. I will get as much time as I need from work most likely just 6 weeks from when he is born
  • @kara_lamek hahaha for real we both have lame bfs! That's funny he thinks he's all fast and furious lol the ac in my car sucks so I hate going anywhere during the day! Good thing he's taking care of you, Talon always gets me things and moves stuff and carries things for me but he never has money haha. My stomach hurt the other night and he tried to feed me betos.. I thought I might puke when he put it in my face hahaha. My boobs stopped hurting around 15 weeks I want to say.. but they were the worst part! I'm always in the mood and he never is! He's not weird about the baby he just has 0 sex drive most of the time he says it's from too much partying but that didn't ruin mine lol :-\ it kills me inside haha. Hopefully you stop feeling sick soon so you can enjoy your nights again!
  • Ahhh, I'm So Glad Its Almost Done ! I Wanna Meet My Lil Man Already :) Girl Yur Time Will Come, Enjoy It Before Yu Get To My Weeks! Lonq & Dreadinq :/ its Like The First Trimester All Over Aqain. Lonq & Slow. Lmao :) Do Yu Know Watt Yur Havinq?
  • @pawgio I would be so mad if jimmy gave me some lame excuse about how he doesn't want to cuz he partied alot. I would drop kick him lol how is that your fault? Was it like that before you got pregnant? Jimmy finds me irresistible for some odd reason. I guess he just really loves me but I find it over bearing at times. Like im being suffocated. He helps a lot but I get annoyed. Im not paralyzed from the neck down im just pregnant fool ahahaha he gets sad when I say that lol but my ac doesn't blow hard enough in my car so I use the extra truck we have cuz it's ac is awesome! Its just ugly is all but idc lol the ac is so worth it!
  • I'm zone/dept1 manager at mcdonalds. @cgm1113 you should go past 29weeks cause you only get 6weeks paiddepending on whwre u are. I'm getting longer i got my 2weeks vacation 6weeks maternity leave paid then i get another 6weeks but that's not paid. So i think you can depending on how long you work there can get up to 12weeks. And in ca there's a program that helps take something like 6mos
  • @cgm1113 I'm having a little boy :-) i'm pretty excited for him to be here, but it feels like time is starting to slow down! I thought at the halfway mark it would go by faster but no haha

@kara_lamek I know! I have to suffer because you're 'too tired' or had a long day at work? I'm the pregnant one not you! And it hurts my feelings when he tells me no :-( so I just really don't even try anymore because I'm sick of constantly being rejected.. Ha Talon seems to think I can't do anything anymore either, but I usually like him doing things for me since I've gotten so lazy lol. I get annoyed sometimes to, he thinks I need help standing up..? Hahaha apparently we're handicapped now. Lucky! I wish I had back up car with awesome ac ha I really need to get mine fixed, being pregnant in summer heat in unbearable sometimes!
  • You can get paid through state disability. But that's only 6weeks and is diff for diff states
  • You can get paid through state disability. But that's only 6weeks and is diff for diff states
  • Every time I worked in any kind of restaurant I got fired.
  • @aug5baby How would I go about doing that? Is it just for after I have my baby?
  • @blueberrysmom probably from throat punching people lol hahahahaha you are too sassy for some people lol as am I though. My manager was a drunk so she never noticed me being rude Haha

@pawgio girl Jimmy works at his parents as station and they have it so easy up there lol he comes home and is like im so exhausted.. lol im like from what boredom from your job Haha he's full of crap! When I worked at subway I never got to sit down and always had over time. Jimmy can leave when he wants and takes naps in the back lol but sometimes ill baby him not usually though! And about talon that would hurt my feelings too. I can't blame you! I wonder why he's like that for real... but the red rider as I call it holds a lot of people and gets cold instantly. Only bad thing is the radio is messed up but I use my phone usually. Its jimmys dads spare truck lol
  • @pawgio Yeah It Does Seem Slow! Ehhh :/ I Dnt Look At The Weeks, I Look At How Many Days Left. My Mil Says I'm Weird Cuz Its A Biqqer #. Oh Well :)

@aug5baby I Only Got My Leave Cuz I Had Too, Otherwise I Would Have Stopped Workinq Wen I Went In Labor. I Live In Texas & I Was Just Workinq 2 Months & Had To Stop ! But My Supervisor Fell In Love Wit Me (not really) lol & Let Me Get Off. He Said After I Come Back They Wanna Train Me To Be A Manaqer But Idk Yett!