newborn sleep help!!!!

edited July 2011 in July 2011
Anyone who already have older kids please help!!!!! I'm a first time mom n my son haiden is only 3 days old OMG he wont stay sleep unless someone is holding him perfferably his daddy but ne ways once he's asleep he sleeps pretty good but I can't get him to sleep in bassanet or even in the bed no he's gotta be in ur arms what do I do???????? I know he's little n hopefully as he gets older he can sleep better alone but ne body got ne ideas I've tried everything...............

Comments

• Try one of those sound things that have the heart beat. They have a few different options I have a little seat type thing that I can put in the bed and it plays a heart beat and bumps a little just like your heart. Haven't used it yet she's not here yet can't make up her mind. I used something like it for my older daughter worked great
  • Swaddle him
  • Well I heard a lot of good recommendations on using the lavender scent night time shampoo and body lotion, that it makes baby sleep more hours, you could try that.
  • My princess will only sleep on her side plus I've figured out she's like me and has to have a blanket even if it's 80 degrees
  • My son sleeps his best in his car seat. I made sure to ask the doc if it was ok and he said yes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wrap him up tight in his blanket. Arms tucked to his sides like a mummy. But not his face of corse ..you'll find What works for him don't worry!
  • My son at first had to be swaddled to sleep but after 1 wk, I found he sleeps better on his side.
  • Ohh hun my daughter is 4 weeks today (yay!! Time flys) and she was the same way. Try everything you can, baths, swaddling, a vibrate chair or if you have a vibrate bassinet, car rides or car seat on the dryer, feeding and then putting him down after you get a good burp, otherwise if it doesn't bother you hold him while you sleep. He will be going through growth sputs soon andwill probably be doing the same thing. My daughter would not sleep unless someone was holding her for two days! Good luck :)