Broke down and...

edited August 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
I finally went and bought maternity clothes. Went to Motherhood Maternity. They have a plus size section with some cute stuff!! Got 2 pairs of jeans a dress and a sweater (im due in Dec. so im thinking ahead) and they were all on clearence. Only spent $135 not to bad! Plus they opened a new store by me called Gordmans. I AM IN LOVE! Just to give you an idea of how cheap they are I got 4 Bras for $20! They are so light weight and so comfy doesnt even feel like i have one on! It kinda reminds me of a kohls (mostly name brand things) and SUPER cheap!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well when i went to get dressed today things just didn't want to fit anymore :-( These jeans though I have to say are the most comfortable jeans I have EVER bought lol
  • I'm still refusing to buy maternity clothing. Sundresses all the way. Might be tricky in October, though. I don't care. :ar!
  • @blueberrysmom just put leggings under and a sweater over your sundress...lol that's what I would do
  • Lol dresses are all i have left to wear to work. I can't wear jeans to work either oops. I was just trying to think of what to get for when I really really need them. I saw this belly band thingy at target that you can put over your pants so you don't have to button or zip them. thinking about getting it!
  • @kalasthename Hi! That's a good idea...thanks!
  • @mattandmallory27 those belly bands from Target are a waste of money...I got one and ended up giving it away a week later...they roll and make you sweat
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good to know thanks ladies. What about the belly bandet that is suppost to help you loose weight after you give birth?
  • i live in sweatpants and dresses... lol i have no money for maternity clothes and i'm almost 26 weeks. xD
  • I got all my maternity clothes handed down to me...my sister is due Monday so she gives me everything...its wonderful lol...
  • I'm in love motherhoods shorts with the hidden panel in them...so comfy. :)
  • edited August 2011
    I find maternity clothes cheap at second hand stores craigslist and old navy online. I'm plus sized so normally would be hard to find.
  • @Mylittleman2011 i can't even find them at second hand stores! not in my size... i was size 18 when i got preggers...
  • I have the band from Target and love it! Was able to stay in my regular clothes much longer! And I too had to break down...and buy some bigger panties today. :'(
  • @fae me too well more between 16-18 but here craigslist and our goodwill has some good ones from time to time. I live in a farm community that helps cause farming girls well here not so little thank goodness :) old navy online regular maternity goes to 18 I believe and then plus goes up from their. There are pretty cheap on their sale items and gets to you with 3-5 buisness days. Good luck!
  • I use a target belly band as a boob bandage at night. It is pretty sticky hot though. I tried to use it over pants like they say but I'm so umm curvy. . . It just rolled and bunched at my lower back
  • I also love the belly band from target. It doesn't roll on me and it kept me in regular clothes a lot longer. I still wear them with my maternity pants that don't have the band. I'm pretty curvy too size 12/14 prepregnancy.
  • Well I'm in the crowd that loved the belly band from Target also! They worked just fine for me!!??
  • I <3 gordmans:) birthplace is my homestate of nebraska...its an amazing store, except perfume isn't any cheaper, sometimes more expesive!