PUNKY BREWSTER ANYONE?!?!

so... i figured i'd share this in the 30+ bc everyone i ask under 26 seems to have no clue what i'm talking about... but... i grew up to Punky Brewster & my friends still insist i remind them of her... we (my bestie from birth and i) even have the theme song as a ringtone/ring back tone when we call one another. :-D ANYWAYS... as i was at walmart the other day getting some groceries and checking out their cheap movies since my hubby is away, i was just about to leave when i saw a couple of brightly colored letters on a dvd and i knew right away... PUNKY IS IN THE $5 BIN!! So, i dug down, got it out, and yep... 8 episodes! of course i go it, and i went back today (actually pilled a cart full of movies until i got to the bottom and found another) so i could get one more to send to my bestie who was SUPER excited i had text her a pic of what i found!! lol

ahhh the little things in life.
so, what's a childhood memory of a toy/show that makes you smile?!?!

i loved me some popples too!! \m/

Comments

• i even called my mom to tell her the good news and today when we talked she said "what are you watching" and i was like.... HELLO! PUNKY!! hahaha :-)) i love that i'm 30 and still a big kid!
  • I just turn 25, and I know her my sister loves her Lol
  • I used to want her wagon bed sooo bad! Plus I always wanted to just throw paint on my walls like she did lol
    My sister had a soccer popple that she pretended was her baby lol

• Alf.. Remember that show? I loved punky
  • 24 here and totally remember when hee grandpa's office, or whoever he was, burnt down!! It was sad!!
  • Karla_with_a_k sure do... it was another fav!! lol we always watched it as a family in the evenings!!

mrs_shu I STILL WANT HER BED! lol i legit was watching this and thinking... man, i wish we had the room in the girls room bc i would make my husband recreate it for them! i can't wait till they get back so they can watch it with me!! hahaha i want a popple... i look for them online but the old ones are pricey dang it!!

i already got the youngest hooked on my gummy-bears dvd (and the land before time, and the never ending story, and annie.... and we just watched the 2 saved by the bell movies last time they were here! lol ahhhh i love the 80's/early 90's!)

@MrsForesee #1 i'll totally be putting this on my blog... hahaha
    Henry, her foster/adopted dad is who i think you're talking about... he's 60! lol yep, the photography studio i think?

@2girls_1boy YEY... maybe it should be 24+ lol seems like everyone here in idaho where i moved doesn't have a clue!! i'm gonna have to give them some Punky 101!!

• Speaking of gummy bears...lol that stupid song that everyone kept downloading and talking about? When I finally heard it all o could think was uhm this is not the gummy bear song lol
  • I looked just like her when I was little it was not cool.....lmao
  • @soon2b3 whaaaaat she was adorable!! lol

i had someone tell me a few years ago when i was waitressing that i looked like sole moonfry (punky... but the adult version) and i thought it was pretty funny seeing as we loved her growing up. but... i dont really look like her, she's way skinnier than me! lol i just had long hair and freckles!
  • @mrs_shu hmmm i'm trying to think of it... i dont remember. but i can sing the theme song!! haha
  • How about the show Full House. I loved watching that on Friday nights. I use to watch Duck Tales. Lol.
    I remember the Gummie Bears, bouncing here & there& everywhere.
  • @melinda326 -i am now singing the song in my head. lol oh yeah.... HUGE TGIF watcher with full house and family matters... hahaha so good!! i also liked teenage mutin ninja turtles, which is funny bc now they're back, and carebears, rainbow brite...

JEM anyone?!?! ahhh!! lol o=>
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 lol. Jem oh yes i renember her. Jem & the holograms. TGIF yeah, how about Perfect Strangers. Lol.
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 @melinda326 Jem! Jem is truly outrageous truly truly truly outrageous.....but we're the misfits our sounds our better, we are the misfits and we're gonna get her LOL
  • I'm 23 and know who she is cuz apparently I looked like her when I was little :)
  • Thats awesome! Now i wanna go to walmart and look for punky. I used to watch that all the time w my sisters. Thanks for the reminder. ;)
  • Fyi... Jem re-runs are still on a channel called the hub. So r fraggel rocks.
  • Oh, now I want to go to Walmart and check out the $5 bin! I used to love that show and I know my 5 yo will!
  • I love JEM I watch it on the HUB. How about HeMan or SheRa princess of power. I also loved poochie I had all her coloring books lol!! Care Bear stare anyone??? Lol
  • Anyone remember the Wuzzles? They were a mix of two animals.
  • I grew up watching punky (and I just turned 25) and I am proud to say my daughter who is almost 5 loves the show. We found them at target, they have the actual show on dvd, not just collections of episodes. I am going to get them for her for her birthday, I love that she loves all the shows I watched... 80s carebears, my little pony, teenage mutant ninja turtles, fraggle rock.. oh and her newest thing is the rugrats
  • I love Punky n Cherry! ! Lol I was punky and my niece was Cherry! Lol were both gonna be 30 in 2012.
  • 28 here I loved punky brewster
  • I miss 80s tv shows!
  • @melinda326 YES! i almost forgot... i was a perfect strangers fan too!! thanks for the reminder! ;)

@mrs_shu i was totally just singing along with you lol -maybe that's where i got my love for pink hair?!?! hahaha!!!

@mama_underpants not everyone thinks it's a complement i guess... but i so think she was adorable!!

@mommyof3girls i have the fraggle rock dvd box set.... got the kids to watch that as well!! lol @laura536 -I had to REALLY search for the dvd, maybe even ask someone that works there but GO GET EM!!! hahaha it made my day for sure!!

@Mylittleman2011Mylittleman2011 i was on the tredmill at the gym not too long ago when shera (princess of power) came on as i was switching through... i stopped and went back to the channel and had the biggest smile on! people prob thought i was crazy!! OH WELL!! -my brother had the castle of gray skull!!! -i just utubed poochie i totally forgot about that dog! lol too funny. AND i think i always liked the carebear cousins best ;)

@melinda326 ABSOLUTELY and i loved them too!! man o man i wanna find all these dvd's and toys now!!!! oh my goodness i miss them!! lol (the yellow butterfly girl looks like sunny from the gummi bears!)

@garagebandfan i'm VERY proud of you! hahaha i totally get the girls into all of this stuff so i'm excited about Punky... if she was blonde, she'd be my husbands youngest! lol back home i was able to get dvd box sets of oldies but goodies... they dont have a place like that out here at all... walmart is the biggest thing they have!! BUT maybe i could check out things online, i bought my stuff from nerbury comics!

@mommyof3tobe i LOVE that!!! i wish we could too!!hahaha

@bigmamak WOOHOO! welcome to the Punky Lovers Club!! ;)

@jaimee77 ME TOO!!!

ANYONE REMEMBER THE GET ALONG GANG TOO?!?! & THE SNORKS?!?! lol
  • I'm only 22 but I used to watch punky my ma said I reminded her of punky cause I am so colorful lol
  • @vayanna REALLY?!?! i'm impressed... no one out here has heard of her! lol maybe it's just idaho...
  • do any of you guys remember the cartoon that had little mice that were just like people, they walked and dressed, but had tails and lived in the wall? lol i can picture the girl and she may have even had overalls on... but can't figure out the cartoon! help! lol :-?
  • -i had a glow in the dark thundercats sleeping bag!
  • inspector gadget...