Bi-racial baby question (mongolian spot and eye color)

• My daughter is 5 days old. And is half white, half black. I have yet to find her mongolian spot, my question is, do ALL mixed babies have the spots?
    And then also, she has brown chocolate colored eyes, yet all white babies have blue eyes, does she not get blue eyes cuz she is mixed? I'm just curious.........

• cmarie324xocmarie324xo August 2011

not all white babies have blue eyes

• kansasmommakansasmomma August 2011

No all get mongolian spots! My daughter has a big one one her butt!!

• Not all babies have blue eyes also not all babies get the spots. She's also a little young it might show up later.

highriskpregnancyplace.com

No no all*** and no not all white babies have blue eye.

No not all*** sorry my damn phone auto corrects

• newmomma13newmomma13 August 2011

lol well you dont have to be mixed to get mongolian spots... its just extra pigment and her eye color is still gonna come in shes only 5 days old so theres no telling what its going to be but if you see brown they might stay that color or might lighten up

• @cmarie324xo when born all caucasion babies do have blue eyes.

• cmarie324xocmarie324xo August 2011

then i guess my step daughter must not be white because she was not born with blue eyes

• @cmarie324xo I retract my statment lol. Almost always are caucasion babies born with blue eyes.....I didn't mean to be rude either I truley thought all white babies had blue eyes, my other two are full caucasion and they had blue eyes......

• one5oneone5one August 2011

What is a Mongolian spot?? Never heard of it. My daughter didn't have any weird spots.

• Its like a blue mark....its usually on their butt, but I heard it can be on their forhead to. I was told to find it and make the pediatriation aware of it, so they didn't think it was a bruise. @one5one

• amp907amp907 August 2011

My son is half white and half Laotian and he never had blue eyes but does have Mongolian spots on his lower back/ butt area.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Oh that's interesting. Nobody ever mentioned it before or has since. My first is 11yrs old & this one is 9 wks from her due date. Their dad is my hub who's black.

• my3menmy3men August 2011

Do African American babies get it?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @prayin4agurl my assumption was it was just bi-racial babies. @one5one sooo then maybe not ALL mixed babies get it then. Idk these things lol.

• @FirstTimeMommyToBe see that's what I was wondering, some bi-racial ppl/babies have green eyes, or hazel so I jsut didn't know. I think the spots jus t look like bruises from whyat I've seen or heard.

When my 3 year old was born he had a big blue spot between his butt right where his butt crack start. But its not there any more.

• @BlessedMom_2x my niece had one on her butt, and it honestly looked like she got beat and it was a huge bruise, my momma told her to make her ped aware that it was a "spot" and not a bruise, idk......

No guess not.

• bigmamakbigmamak August 2011

My sister is white her husband is from Ghana Africa. All 3 of their kids have mongolian marks on their butts and all 3 were born with brown eyes that stayed brown

• 2boiz_1gurl2boiz_1gurl August 2011

@mama_underpants I have ten mixed nieces and nephews none of them have colored eyes (most likely because eye color comes from fathers side) and monoglian spot aren't a mixed bby thing my kids are 100% black and they had it...and maybe 4 out of 10 of my nieces and nephews had it!

BabyFruit Ticker

@2boiz__1gurl that's why u asked do black kids get it cause my baby had it between his butt

• myHEARTZx3myHEARTZx3 August 2011

My kids had mongolian marks on the top of their butt towards the lower back... They are mixed with black but I'm told most asians have those...my mom and aunts said all us cousins had them and we are all mixed asians too lol

• myHEARTZx3myHEARTZx3 August 2011

@blessedmom_2x I'm 3/4 asian and I have freckles on my face lol

• abby5abby5 August 2011

My 4yr has a horse shoe shapped spot on his butt that look like a bruise...he is Caucasian all the way... He is so faired skin blonde hair green eyes... So why te spot?... I thought he just had a funny colored birth mark.

I kno this is off topic. But what is the meaning of a birth mark? My son have a big one on his back that look like a broken heart & he have one on his ARM. And Why do some kids have 2 birth marks?

• @prayin4agurl lol, my older daughter has 2, too. She has like one excatly where mine is, but its like a reverse birthmark, its like missing pigment, this is my full caucasion daughter. My son has a birthmark too. I wonder why some ppl have em, and some don't....hmmmmmm

@mama_underpants Idk weird.lol they say my son is going to be a heartbreaker.

• bigmamakbigmamak August 2011

@ mama_underpants my daughter has one on her belly completely lacking pigmentation also! I had never saw it before until she was born. She also has a light brown birth mark on her leg.

• @bigmamak ummmm that's excatly how my older daughter's is. Except the one on the leg is dark.....its on her inner thigh. And me either about seeing one like that, I asked the pediatrition lol

• beaded_bunnybeaded_bunny August 2011

I was nanny for a full Philippino girl and she had huge Mongol spots on the back of her arms. I don't remember any on her butt but then that wasn't really my favourite part of her lol. I don't think they faded till after she was in school

• My oldest is half black and was born with black eyes and she has a mongolian mark right above her nose that she has had since birth. The dr has been aware since birth so they know its not a bruise and that i aint beating my kid.

My daughter has the on top of both feet, hands and shoulders! Those ones are really light and about half dollar size! She also has a softball size dark one covering both butt cheeks! I would post a pic but idk how

• ash1laash1la August 2011

My sisters and I all had one, right over our butt crack. And we're all black. So its not just a bi racial thing, thanks @blessedmom_2x.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ash1laash1la August 2011

For researching it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • YAYAYAYA August 2011

Me nor my brothers, sister, and all of my cousins but 1 didn't get a mongolian spot. And my one cosine that did got it in his butt and on the side of his face. But they went away he doesn't have it anymore.

• im bi racial and i dont have any blue spots and i have dark brown eyes....my 1st 2 came out with blue eyes but turned brown after a month or so but this baby has light brown eyes.

• LaFiiTz89LaFiiTz89 August 2011

my daughter has dark brown almost black eyes and mine are green/blue. But she has a mongolian spot on her belly ever since she was born

• Mrz_JacksonMrz_Jackson August 2011

My kids r Blk/white an both have the spots since they was born my sons is little but my daughter has it all over her butt up to her shoulders but I did notice wen born they had dark blueish eyes but it didn't last long .

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab254/Jessica_3258/?action=view&current=1136.jpg

My daughters butt!! Its a cute baby butt!! She's half black, half mexican!!

• @kansasmomma omgsh! That looks like a huge bruise, but obv its not......

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories