so, is this normal?

edited August 2011 in Daddy's place
Is it normal for us women to be more excited about the baby than the fathers? Its just my bd doesn't share any excitement like I do, I could talk about how happy & excited I am & pick out baby stuff for hours, but he shows lil\no emotion. I know he is excited for our lil girl to be here...but I guess I just feel alone..

Are there any other pregnant women in this same boat?
Are there any soon to be fathers out there to give me a guys view on this?

Comments

• yes its very normal for a lot of men. they say women become mothers ass soon as the test shows up positive but men dont become fathers until the baby is born. It doesnt really become a reality to them until the baby is actually here. My husband has been liek that through all my pregnancies. This is our 4th . but once that baby is born its amazing to see how much love he has for him/her :)
  • Its normal. He will get more into it after the baby us born or you get further along.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bigmamak okay that makes me feel better :) he was excited the first time he felt her kick. I'm almost 26weeks along. So that excitement from kicks has worn off. Lol

@mshahir hah good I'm not the only one!

To everyone: its just hard on me I guess. Bc I'm 17. My mom has no excitement for me- & is kicking me out once the baby is born. Then my dad is no longer in contact with me. So I don't have a lot of people to share my excitement with. So I guess I'm just sensitive to the fact that he isn't. Bc I really need someone to be.
  • Oh yea def normal, hubby says he'll be excited when he sees her.. which I believe! The only time he's gotten emotional was at the ultrasound, he was crying :) but baby shopping, feeling my belly nothing lol
  • Yup i am too hunny :-( .. when i say i cant wait too hold him thats when i get a response on the subject really in whice he says neither can i x
  • Ok I'm not trying to be a d bag on this but I'm a guy and the whole touch my belly everytime the baby moves or lets go to every store in town and look at the baby section gets old after a while.... The whole it doesn't sink in until the baby gets here thing is more like I'm enjoying the time before the baby gets here. Not that the baby coming is a bad thing its just things change so much when the baby comes. The things guys lije to do uninterrupted gets put to the side (if the guy is a half way decent man) and the baby comes first. Just hope that clear things up for y'all
  • At first mine wasn't. But when he started feeling her move then that's when the excitement really kicked it and as I'm getting close to dd
  • My husband gets excited around 12m. Infants freak him out