k ladies i need your help asap

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
My son is 7 he is very allergic to bug bites and stings well night before last he got a few mosquito bites and now I can't seem to get the swelling down I've used everything I can think of do any of u know anything that might help? I know this is not pregnancy related but I really didn't know where to post this

Comments

• I swell up really bad from mosquito bites.. always have. I use benadryl cream on mine.. it doesnt help much with the swelling but it takes the itch out.. I've never found anything that worked. Good luck!
  • Not sure but here's a bump!
  • @karma_lamek thanks I've been using that and he says he is still itching poor baby. :(
    @traci84lucas thanks hun
  • Hydrocordizone cream for the itching
  • I was wondering the same because my son is allergic too.
  • @mandac10 so if I buy just hydrocordizone cream separately does it have more in it? The benadrill has 2% ?
  • @all do u think an ice pack would help?
  • @momof22be you didn't tag me lol your phone changed kara to karma. Haha but im sorry idk what to do. I've just learned to deal with unfortunately. I can ask my mom what she did... ill call her then let you know:)
  • I think its more potent alone. I use that on bites for me n my kids
  • @kara_lamek lol sorry but thanks I'm so worried
  • edited August 2011
    @kara_lamek lol sorry double post
  • edited August 2011
    I called his doc and she just says to use benadrill and benadrill cream but I think docs sometimes don't understand there r natural things or things someone else has figured out u know
  • I have this problem with fire ants, when I get bit it stays swollen for a little over a week ;( but there's this Aloe Vera Cooling gel that you can get, its green & u can find it at any pharmacy. It takes away the itching & gets rid of some swelling. Good luck ;)
  • If its too bad you may need to go in for a steroids shot, if the swelling doesn't start to to down
  • @momof22be she said benadryl never worked for me as a kid either. She said she used cortizone 10 cream and it took the red and itch out of the bite Haha I hope that helps!!
  • @clope18 oh thanks I have some of that I would have never thought of that
    @jbandno3 I know that's what I'm affraid of X_X
  • You can try mix some baking soda w water a into a pasteand spread it on the bites, they say it is to help w the itch and some of the swe
  • @kara_lamek thanks so much Hun I will try it and please tell your mom thanks for me too. :)
  • @3girls_0boys I will try that too thanks my son is going to think I'm crazy trying all these things hehe poor kid. :D
  • @momof22be im gonna go buy some too lol I didn't know either.. I've been suffering all these years Haha but best of luck! I hope something helps him!
  • OOhh and no problem!
  • Also there is a natural plant that grows in yards called plantain that u can pick and rub it between your fingers until it is bruised and hold that on the bug bit, that should help also a tea bag that has been seeped in wwarm water should help as well.
  • @kara_lamek I hope so too good luck to u too Hun I feel for u seeing how my son gets I know how u feel well not so much how u feel but look when u get them
  • @3girls_0boys wow I'm going to try that too u have really good ideas! My grandma sugested using melaluka or tea tree oil what do u think?
  • @momof22be thank you! I can't believe my mom held out on me about this important info! Be glad you don't have to feel it!
  • @moomof22be i have never heard of melaluka. Tea tree oil might work i know lavender does as well. I try to use more natural things w the kids than buying over counter things that their bodies can buuild up a resistant to.
  • @3girls_0boys I probably spelt or wrong but that's what it is and I think your right I feel like I've trues so many different things the poor kid those things won't work as an adult
  • My mom swears on taking one tsp of vinegar per day to keep from getting bit by mosquitoes and tics...so maybe a way to prevent them if you can ft your kiddo to take it.
  • Wow @mommyo3soon2b4 I don't think he will but it sounds like it might work