Getting so frustrated w/ my weight

edited August 2011 in Plus Sized Mama's
I've lost all the weight I've gained since pregnant and then some. Today I weight 2 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant. I have been eating better then I did before Gumdrop but now even doc is worried. I went to my 32 wk check up and the dr keeps telling me that I must be skipping meals and not admitting it. But I'm not! I eat when I'm hungry and I think I eat plenty. Giving me weekly US to check her fetal growth. I am so stressed about it, I even started crying in the Dr's office. Now I don't know what to do. I try to eat more, but it makes me feel sick. Plus I am checking my blood sugars (borderline GD) so I have to keep them in check too. I am so frustrated and now I'm worried I'm putting Gumdrop in jeopardy. Figures the one time in my life I can actually lose weight easily, and it's the wrong time. UGHH!! Any suggestions on what to eat or what to do? I am thinking of starting a food journal, if for no other reason than to have the doc see what I'm eating so she can help me. Funny thing is a few months ago I had a post talking about NOT gaining weight! Go Figure :( I just pray Gumdrop is ok and growing still.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • try the food journal so he can see where your lacking, if anything. Sounds very frustrating.. Maybe your body will stay like this after gumdrops here and you can lose mega fast :)
  • The issue is that if you were plus sized before you got pregnant, and you're eating healthier and better, chances are you will lose weight. When I dieted before, I always managed to eat more and lose weight because I was eating better food. Gumdrop is having things like fresh fruits, and veggies and lean meats instead of burgers, fries, and sweets I suppose. I think you can work with your doctor about your calorie plan and ensure that Gumdrop is perfectly healthy. As always, I'm here for lots of support my dear old friend ;-)
  • @2beForgotten I had gained 7 lbs but lost it plus 2 more while out of town. Its hard because I am overweight so not gaining a lot isn't hirrible, but losing so much is not good. I am going to start the food journal. Protein drinks are a good idea though. Dr said we will check baby's growth on friday to see if it affecting her...so now I'm stressed. Been drinking milk w/ meals too. Bt makes me nauseous, just feeling like I can't win. Thx though protein drinks are a good idea.
  • A food journal is a great idea! The ensure is too, if baby needs extra help, but if he/she is growing fine I wouldn't mess with it.
  • @TishJ330 thanks! I know I'm just stressing and fretting and I shouldn't but I'm worried now because dr is worried. I am eating better especially sincethe blood sugar checks. Just hate to think that the dr now worries about her. She is plenty strong, as I feel her move all the time. I just worry she's going to be tiny and sick. I will feel better after the u/s on friday I think. Thank you though, always there to make me feel better and to encourage. Your wonderful!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm plus size too honestly I wouldn't worry baby will take what he needs...I lost. 10lb in beginning n ill b 26weeks Monday only gained 5lb it goes up n down but my average is 5lb baby is weighing apricot 5lb 13oz ....being plus sized its a good thing not to gain..as we have plenty for baby.
  • Aww... Dont stress ur self mama. Im sure all is ok.
  • Don't worry. I'm 27+4 and I've lost seven pounds. Blueberry is fine.
  • Btw, I weigh 195.
  • I'm 30 weeks, and I'm only up 2 pounds also, because I try to eat healthy and we walk 3 times a week. My lil man is growing just fine and my doctor is not worried. Once the baby is born it will be wight loss
  • Lol I meant 36weeks Monday not 26
  • Thanks everyone. It makes me feel so much better knowing it happens. I think spending 3 wks with my mom was what messed my head up. Hearing tuat its bad of you don't gain 25 lbs and all the other old ideas of pregnancy she has, got to me. I truly think that a lot of it is the stress of it. I really don't feel hungry when I stress. Plus, 8 usually LOVE sweets and this baby does not, so I haven't had many. That right there probably explains it all. Hubby just said he notices I am only eating about half of what I normally eat. So your all right-wait for the u/s to see what it says. On the plus side, I felt sick earlier, but just ate a good dinner. So that should help :)