Dang. Doc just called me w/ results of my renal US

edited August 2011 in Multiples
And my right kidney is definitely dilated (swollen). He wants me to have stents put in if I'm still hurting...but the pain to me is bearable. I can handle it, but he didn't say how swollen it was and if I don't do the stents is it gonna get worse? I'm 34wks today w/ twins and the pressure of them against my kidney is causing it to swell. I suppose it will get worse cuz my babies keep on growing!! Ugh I dunno what to do...I'm so close to 37 weeks!

Comments

• Not a clue but try a search on here using the word stents. This post will come up but others should too. I know ive seen the stent topic come up ether specifically for it or just in related conversation here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure, but I want you to know that I care. I'd hate for you to think that because some of us don't know we just don't give a crap about the situation. Maybe @homebirthadvocate can help!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone :) yeah, this is an unusual topic..its just part of carrying big twins I suppose lol. If they're still growing @ the same rate they should be about 6lbs each..plus the weight of both placentas and 2 amniotic sacs. I'm going to ask my doc Thursday when I see him if stents are absolutely necessary at this point.
  • @ashleyfew ..he didn't say if it was draining..I've got so many questions for him! I've heard stents hurt like heck to..then I'd have to have them taken out. I'll do it if he thinks I could obtain kidney damage as a result but his nurse didn't really push the need to have it done. Guess I'll wait it out till Thursday.
  • Maybe they can induce u early