O hello Sciatic nerve?!

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
I was peacefully sleeping last week.. n out of nowhere woke up in a cry of pain. PAIN in my ass. Literally. For a split second. Before I could comprehend what happened, it did it again! Wtf! I had no idea... it felt like a hot stinging pang of pain deep inside my left cheek that radiated down my left leg.
I described this to a few ppl over the weekend n they all said Oooo that's your Sciatic nerve. Baby must be hitting it. So for the past 3 nights, I've been getting woke up with that same burst of pain. Just a few times, like 2-5 times a night.. Ahhhhhh... I feel bad for my hb, cuz everytime it happens, I cry out in pain. Like it just comes out lol

So that sux. Fyi. For those who haven't experienced this yet, heads up! I was sleeping on my back with a pillow under my right side, but now I'm gonna try to only sleep on my side.

Good luck to anyone who deals with this all the time cuz it blows.

Comments

• Yeah. It sucks!
  • It gets me even when I'm on my side. It sucks big time!
  • I hate it :-(
  • @armymommy are you serious? It happens when you're on your side too??
  • O the joys of pregnancy. My issue got so bad iive been seeing a physical therapist since the end of may.. goodluck to u
  • :( my daughter used to hang out on mine, so I know how you feel.
  • I get it a lot. People think I'm crazy when they over hear me say ouch my butt hurt
  • oh i understand ive had this pain for the past 2 days but mine is constant i feel it when i bend over walk up the stairs or hill, etc .. i honestly want to know what this baby is doing in there
  • My mom tells me horror stories about how my sister sat on her nerve and the last couple months of pregnancy she couldn't even lift her leg and had to drag it. She also said that it doesn't just magically go away after she gave birth it took months for it heal.
  • Ice pack helps alot. Mine is not pregnancy related yet but comes from multiple back surgeries. The ice helps settle down the nerve. Hope it getd better soon.
  • I get this too. My hubby put icy hot on my back right above my butt cheek. Then I sit on the big ball. It helps for a bit
  • Omg do I know the pain...I have it now from pregnancy feels like electric shock certain ways u walk or move. But I had it bad bad bad when I was not pregnant to the point I had to use a cane n wheelchair. It was terrible 3 months. But the best thong to do is keep moving. The more I rested or sat or layed the more I was in pain n essentialy locked up.
  • is it worse than cramps :-S
  • I was struggling since I was 4 months I feel ya pain and I have 4 more months to go ugh
  • Sciatic sucks!!! I had it so bad when I was at my heaviest where I couldn't walk or stand for more than bout 4-5 mins! Lost weight...it disappeared. Now I get it if I'm on my feet too long thanks to baby & some of the weight I gained. Mention it to dr. Most likely its babys position. Maybe you can some how move baby to stop leaning on the nerve.