Growth restriction. Anyone else going thru this

edited August 2011 in High risk pregnancy
Im 34 weeks and have been put on bedrest cuz my baby,is measuring 2 weeks behind his age in the tummy. My high risk ob said I have a blood clotting condition that is restricting blood flow and nutrients to the baby. Im worried I will have to deliver him early if he does not improve. Anyone else going through this with some advice

Comments

• Awesome, thx
  • yes ma'am, I am. I don't have the blood clotting issue, but my baby is measuring behind in her growth, too. They're delivering about 10 or more days early, in about 2 weeks or less. The best thing you can do right now is just listen to your doctor, and love every minute you have with your baby while he is inside of you. Good luck, mama. If you need anyone to talk to, you're more than welcome to inbox me.
  • Did they put you on lovenox? Hoe did they determine u had an issue? Its def A serious issue. Sorry you have yo go through it good luck mama!
  • I had growth restriction with my first son but they don't know why. Once he dropped below 10th percentile they induced me at 34 weeks. once he was born his growth improved. He was just fine..just had to learn how to eat on his own..didn't have strong rooting reflex. He didn't even need help breathing :-) hope this eased some worries. Good luck hun!
  • No they just put me on a blood thinning medicine and a folic acid medication they said he is improving week by week. I dont know if I will have to deliver early yet she has not said anything yet.