Cerclage Ladies

To those of you lovely ladies that are all stitched up...
How are you doing? I'm currently 32+2 and had my cerclage placed at 17wks! I would say it's been quite a success to this point! Has anyone had there cerclage removed? And if so, was labor/baby far behind? My stitch will be removed between 35 and 36 weeks and I'm dying to know what to expect! :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had mine placed at 12 weeks. Still holding strong. No bedrest yet and I am currently 28w 4d. Cervix at last check up was 3.9. Having issues with preterm labor but they have me on procardia 10mg every 3 hours. They hope that I can go till 37 weeks went to 34 with my first.
  • @kls11811 Thats great news! Mines been holding steady at 3.0. They are going to start doing regular cervical checks at my appt tmrw so I will know more then. I'm just so glad to be to the point I am now, when I was measuring under 2.5 @ 17 wks. Keep in touch!
  • That's great news! Good luck tomorrow!!
  • My friend had hers removes at 35/36 and had bby at 37 weeks! Ur almost there lady!
  • @new baby in oct. Are you on bedrest now? :bz
  • @jodi102011 No bedrest for me. I was only on bedrest for the first 2 wks after they placed the cerclage. I've been my normal self since then and its holding strong. I only have a few short weeks left until they remove it!
  • I am 28w1d and had mine placed in at 12wks. Im also taking 17p shots weekly. only moderate bedrest for me :")
  • @TeeMommie2 That's great! Grow baby, grow! I'm glad to hear everyone's cerclages are holding up well. And glad you're only on moderate bedrest. Let's all give updates from time to time. Sounds like I'm the next one to have mine removed, so I will let you all know how that goes! :)
  • Ok...i think I get mine remove at 37wks. I never made it to the third trimester so im happy now. My goal was 30wks since I made it to 24w5d with my son. To go full term will be exciting for me \:D/ but as long as baby is healthy I dont care. I have already gotten steroid shots just incase the unexpected happens :) I love hearing great successful cerclage stories cause it gives me hope.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2BeForgotten A cerclage is a stitch placed to keep our cervix closed. It's so ladies with incompetent cervix can make it to term. Many of us have had leeps or cone biopsys or other procedures that have left our cervix weak, others just have weak cervix because of their anatomy.
  • @kls11811 @TeeMommie2 Had check today and cerclage is holding, but cervix is thinning. Got my first steroid shot today and one tmrw. The goal is to make it to Sept 15 to remove. I will be 36 wks at that appt. I'm 34 wks now. Doc says baby probably wont stay in after removal, but we are hoping that I last until then. Moderate bedrest for the next 2 weeks.
  • So glad to see you ladies are doing good! I hope my next one goes this well. Prayers that everyone holds on until their due date!
  • Thanks @Babynewyear2012 You will have your happy ending too, I just know it! Thanks for caring about us.
  • Praying that ur bundle of joy stays put for 2 more weeks. Those steroid shots burn so be prepared lol. I had them at 25wks. I will be 30wks Monday and im excited I made it this far :D Moderate bedrest isnt so bad so good luck momma and keep us posted @new_baby_in_oct
  • Good luck! That's great news!!!
  • @new_baby_in_oct I am getting my cerlage removed Sept 15 at 36 wks as well!! They expect my baby will arrive the next day if not shortly after the removal! I am so excited!! I hope everything goes well for u an your lil one!!
  • @Proudmum Yay! I will post updates on this thread. Let us know how it goes for you as well! It's getting so close! 9 more days....
  • I sure will!! So close!!
  • @Proudmum @kls11811 @TeeMommie2 Tmrw is the big day! I get my cerclage removed at 830 am. I'm so nervous since I have no idea what to expect! I will update after everything is done. Wonder if my baby will come tmrw? I want to keep him in for at least another week....
  • Good luck momma!!! Let me know all the details lol...i get check next week. Ill be looking out for your updates. Im on fb if u wanna add me tee2shantey@yahoo.com
  • @Proudmum @kls11811 @TeeMommie2 The stitch is out! They were able to get it out in office...Thanks goodness, cause I didn't want to go back to the operating room. It was really crampy and i felt pressure as they removed it, but it went fairly quickly. I was told to expect some cramping today as well as some spotting. When he checked after the cerclage was removed I was 1cm and 80% effaced. Going to try and take it easy to see if baby will stay in for another week. I would LOVE to make it to 37 weeks, although the doctor doesn't seem concerned if baby comes before that. Doc says it's a huge success that I have made it this far. I just don't want my little one to have to spend any time in the NICU.
  • @jodi102011 Thanks! We are so relieved that we've made it this far! :)
  • yeah once they have their steroids shots and everything looks good they really dont be concerned. @blackbarbire had her baby at 35 wks and cerclage ripped open and she was able to take her baby home and she didnt even have the shots! so i think your good if doctors are not concerned momma but every week counts :) I hope mine comes out early (36wks) to give me a two week window to have her (hopefully) but good luck and keep us updated with your progression:)
  • @new_baby_in_oct I got mine removed today and it was painful cause it was tied so tight! Im 3cm and my cervix is very thin and the babies head is low.
  • @new_baby_in_oct I got mine removed today and it was painful cause it was tied so tight! Im 3cm and my cervix is very thin and the babies head is low.
  • @Proudmum Keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you may go before me! :)
  • I sure will!