Anybody done essure instead of tubal ligation

edited August 2011 in Thirty Plus
Doc suggest essure instead of traditional tubal ligation, essure is new as of 2002. Wondering about pros.and cons to both. Essure is the one.where they put coils in your tubes and wait for scar tissue to block them permanently.

Comments

• I haven't even heard of it. But ill *bump* it up for you.
  • Never heard of it sorry hun!
  • Never heard of it, sorry!
  • I am considering it. There are pamphlets at my doctor's office & an info video. I need to talk to her more in depth about it. It sounds interesting. What does your doctor say?
  • Isn't there a smaller chance of a tubal pregnancy with it?
  • @beaded_bunny, I think that was one of my concerns with it. As soon as I talk to my doctor, I'll post as much info as I have.
  • I work at my OB and have plenty of patients who have had it. Where tubal ligation can be reversed essure is permenent. Its done in the office and not under general anesthia which is good, better recup time.
  • I keep reading horror stories. But only the bad stories get posted on sites, right....@blooize How many patients end up in pain, rashes, allergies, etc? My OB let me tape one to my arm for a few days to see if i got a rash and I didn't...wonder if thats good enough. I have a metal pin in my foot, but doubt it has nickel in it. Sucks the other one, the silicone Adiana is too new and seems it don't always set....

hmm. I dunno what to do. My doc has never done Adiana. I was ready to do Essure till i read the last webpage!