i dnt know how to console her ? (custody ?)

edited August 2011 in Single moms
So my bf is getting a divorce feel so badly for her she has been wit her man for six yrs. She is pgnt and bd is going to File for full custody of her three kids and baby on the way. He has abused her once but that was like in 09 will they grant him custody? Wat about even particial custody. Can she get supervised visitations even though twas so far back BTW he went to jail for it

Comments

• I'm pretty sure courts seem to side with moms on the custody battle a little more unless there is a reason she shouldnt have it.. is there any reason she couldn't get anytime of custody or visitations?
  • No. She is not bad or has never been to jail. She's a good mon but she is scared since he has money for a good lawyer And shee doesnt (he makes all the money)
  • Well the judge unless something is going on with the mother or her living situation usually does give way more to the mom my fiance and I have his 4 year old daughter what's supposed to be 50 percent but we pretty much do what the mom says cause the always side with them its kinda wrong do be siding with one parent more then the other that's why its just better for the two parents to sit down before hand and try their best to talk about thing because when there r things they agree on the judge just goes with that and its very important to not be selfish and think about what's best for the kids. In his case they would at the most give him half because of his record and because she is a good mom with no bad record they will be more likely to hear from her. Good luck and keep us updated :)
  • @jules even if he had a domestic violence charge they would give him 50% custody that sucks. He says that he is going to pay a lawyer so Much money to get them I hope doesnt because is always working and would only leave the kids with his mom
  • i dont think they would give him 50%, she will most likely have more than 50% custody, she is the mum and she has no record and he does so im pretty sure no matter how good his lawyer is, there is no reason for her not to have more custody
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Didn't u loose custody because you were not divorced and started dating someone? And I cnt believe they gave him custody after that. I hope he really doesn't get study she doesn't work has always stayed home to raise the kids. He would do it just to make her life miserable. @Ashleyfew how is ur investigation going
  • She went back to him and lived with him after he went to jail for domestic violence on her, right? If so, the judge will most likely not even look at that charge, because it hasn't mattered to her all this time. They will more than likely get split custody. She does need to get a lawyer and make sure she has all her ducks in a row (a big enough place for her and the children to live, a job, a car, ect.)
  • @Laura536 dang that is true thanks
  • edited August 2011
    Im going through this right now. She can ask for a court appointed attorney they have to provide her with something. It doesn't matter if she went back to him or not. I've been in this situation before once again. I had a civil protection order against my ex and i dropped it and went back to him (yes very stupid no.need to critics ) but I am getting full custody int case. I have no record, nor does he, his family has a butt load if money his dad is a federal immigration judge so they have money. She needs to get a job, if she's that scared of him get a cpo order om him for her self and the kids and fight! She doesn't need an attorney to prove why she needs the kids. It does matter about there record! She can bring up the fact that she feels threatened by him, she's afraid of what will happen to the kids in his care and so on. Yes if fathers fight they can get custody but his record sure isn't going to look good in the eyes of the judge no matter what! Im sorry! She needs to call her local bar association where the attorneys register there lawyers license and ask them about knowing of any attorneys doing probono work. Attorneys have to do so many probono cases to stay in practice that's there way of contributing to the community. Tell her to not give up! Get all her ducks in a row get police reports together get a job go to jobs and family services ask the for places to get a car etc. Wish her the best!
  • Since its on his record, I'd think not!! I hope he doesnt! Prayers!
  • Sorry I'm no help just wanted to say this makes me sick!!! I know this happens all the time but I don't understand how people can be so selfish!!! Its the kids that miss out. Just so sad. I wish her lots of luck
  • Pfa she needs to see about filing one it will give her custody and since there was past abuse it shouldn't be hard to get @SalasMommy
  • edited August 2011
    :-)