Breastfeeding twins...do I need 2 boppy's?

• Spray85Spray85 August 2011

I'll be a first time mom..say 2 wks from now. I'm having twins and planning on breastfeeding...I'm wanting to mainly pump because I'll be back @ my FT job in 6 wks (planning on mixing formula & breast milk) and I HOPE I can freeze some. Has any mommy of multiples out there breastfed? Do I need 2 boppy's? I'm just overwhelmed of how I'm gonna do this with two lil ones...help!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lily_glzlily_glz August 2011

I don't have multiples but I don't think you'll need 2

• I don't think you could even use 2at once. You best bet would probably be 1 boppy with 1baby to the left and 1 to the right in what is called "football" position. I think that's the only position you'd be able to feed both st the same time and if you did them one at a time you'd be feeding day and night!

• CynthiaYCynthiaY August 2011

They special pillows for nursing twins, look at the my breast friend website...

• tlj2011tlj2011 August 2011

You can't use them both at the same time for feedings but it would be nice to have both. I use my bobby to sit baby in as well not just for feedings.

• CynthiaYCynthiaY August 2011

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about @blueberrysmom

• Josie749Josie749 August 2011

I got my brest friend nursing pillow, it looks pretty good, its big so it fits both babies and it attaches to you and has a little back support, I dont have my twins yet but I will let you know how it is when I have them in 4 more days :)
    I do know that a lot of twin moms recomend it.

• Josie749Josie749 August 2011

Oh and I ordered it from walmart for $49!!

• Spray85Spray85 August 2011

@Josie749 @blueberrysmom @CynthiaY I haven't seen those before but seems soooo much better than the boppy ;) thanks for the link!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories