I will NEVER..(mini vent)

edited September 2011 in Premature Babies
Take a single cry for granted, take a single smile for granted, a single laugh, grunt, giggle, cough, 3 am feeding or blown out diaper. If I ever have another child, I will never complain of being over 40 weeks now that I have seen the results of a baby born at 35+6 and that's not nearly that early. These past 3 days with my son in nicu have been the hardest most trying times on my body, my marriage and my soul. I will never forget how hard this is and be grateful for everything weather it's a messy diaper or thrown up on shirt my son does when he gets home. My daughter is 21 months old and is still kinda like where is the baby we have been talking about, and I feel so horrible that she hasn't met him. I feel so horrible that my son is fighting for his life all alone and I can't be there when I should be. That he is alone and scared and struggling so hard, or to think that this is all my fault. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Awwww hun I hope ur baby gets better. Wat happened?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are a strong mother and your son is a fighter. Remember that
  • @emy My son was born at 35+6 days do to a previa I had, I also had 26 cm or ml whatever they measure of fluid which is way to much. They did a emergency csection when I was just there for a nst, told my son would be perfect and in my arms right after because they thought he was 36+4 days plus he had the batamethazine shots at 28 weeks, well that's what happens when Drs don't communicate, I told them I was only 36 weeks tops and they didn't listen. Now my son is struggling. But I know he will get better.
    @OregonMama thank you so much, I want to post pictures on here, but I can't using my phone so I just keep bombarding Facebook. I want him home so bad.
    @USMCwifemommy101107 with all that baby girl has been thru there is no way she won't be a fighter, she has over come so much in her 7 months in utero than we have in our whole lives, and no matter the outcome of her precious life, I believe she is a little wonderful angel and she has touched so many lives and isn't even born yet. Your a strong and amazing mother and don't ever forget that or let anyone say different. Don't let those Drs let you lose hope and don't let yourself lose hope. Your one of the reasons I'm trying to be so strong, your staying so strong thru such a hard ordeal I can stay strong as well.
  • emyemy
    edited September 2011
    Aww stay strong, ur baby will get through an b healthy. My first was born at 35+3 he spent 10 days in the nicu an he's 9 now. Ill put u in my prayers
  • You are more then welcome
  • Prayers sweetie to u an ur precious son :)
  • Aw hun he'll be ok! My daughter was born 5 wks ago at 35+3 and spent 6 days in the nicu. I know how hard it is to walk away and leave them there, it tore me up every time. Do they have any idea how long he will be there?? What is wrong exactly? With my daughter it was her breathing, she wasn't sure how to do it yet, so they had her on a cpap machine.
  • @starrxoxo9 its also his breathing, i think he was on the cpap first then they had to put intabator on him, but hes doing a little bit better now so im happy. i actually just posted some pictures and will post more when i see him today.
    @everyone thank you so much for the support, i just posted some pictures of him on another post :)
  • Beautiful. I have been in your shoes except my son was born at thirty weeks and spent 53 days in the nicu. Babies are resilient to this, they are strong fighters. My son is almost 2 and still gives me crap lol
  • Aw well good luck! He will progress everyday and it will get easier. The Dr in the nicu told me at 35 weeks their respiratory systems are right on the cusp of maturity, so its not uncommon. Do they let you hold him??
  • Oh my I will pray for you and your family I know it hard to leave him . How is he doing now.
  • I'm glad he's ok %%-
  • Thanks @everyone he is doing terrific at home! No more bottle just breast, gaining weight like a champ and sleeping amazing thru the night!!
  • :) so happy for you!!!
  • Thanks @everyone he is doing terrific at home! No more bottle just breast, gaining weight like a champ and sleeping amazing thru the night!!