I may KILL my neighbor **UPDATED**

So my neighbor shoot squirrels from his back yard (I live in subdivision, so we are within spitting distance from each other) Well every morning the A** Hole sits outside and shoot the poor squirrels, which honestly has saved a lot of heart ache with our attic and such, but its still sad. Well this morning, Mom & I were sitting on the deck having coffee (mom) & milk (me) and I notice a hole on my cat. So I picked her up, and lo and behold, she has a nice hole on her side..... the size of a pellet gun bullet thing. I am beyond pissed, but don't know what I should do. I do not have any proof that he did it, but its obvious. Please help! X( ~X(

Vent over

Update-9/27/2011 WARNING- DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK TUMMY
So the cat has been doing what I thought was really good. Havent seen anything out of the ordinary, her wound had a nice scab over it, so we just left her alone. Well today when I got home from school, she was lying on my moms dish mat, so I picked her up and noticed this huge (golf ball sized) lump under her skin. I ran upstairs and got dad and he said its not a big deal, but came down to check anyways. He started to sort of squeeze it and puss went everywhere. He kept squeezing until none came out anymore. After we (he- haha I just watched) washed her all up the family went out to dinner. When we got home her nice white fur had red blood all over it. He squeezed again and more puss and blood came out. He did it until the lump was gone and then pour peroxide in it until it quit fizzing. Well I went to pee and came back out and she was walking around like she was drunk. I immediately start bawling thinking she is going to die and stuff. Well she did that for about twenty mins before I picked her up and put her on the big swing (where she loves to lay) we got towels and laid under her and I rocked her until she fell asleep. First thing in the morning I will be calling the humane society and letting them know what went on about two weeks ago (Since my vet didnt see anything wrong) and see what they will do. Will keep you guys updated if you'd like. Just please, if you are a praying person, please pray & if you aren't, then send positive thoughts. Thanks so much

Comments

• Go next door and say something to him!!!! Id kill him.
  • Uhh, cops! Animal abuse is ILLEGAL!
  • What @Caroline8_p said. Contact the police and animal control. Also check with the subdivision, there may be rules he's breaking with them as well.
  • @kara_lamek : I dont have proof he did it. I dont wanna look like a bitchy neighbor, but if it gets more infected I will- Every time she breathes, it sucks in the antibiotic I put on her, and squuezes puss out.

@caroline8_p : I dont have proof, but if it gets worse, I will for sure be making a trip to the vet and calling the cops.
  • @mrs_shu I will definitely be contacting the neighborhood police people. This is UNCALLED for. My dad swears its a cat fight, but she only has one hole and its very deep.

I just wanna scream and cuss and kill somebody.
    X(
  • @mommyofchristmasbaby

You should call. Whether or not you have proof. He is in fact shooting squirrels constantly so there's no doubt they won't invegstigate. Do it for your cats sake.

He obviously shot your cat assuming it was a squirrel with intentions of killing it. So what if he was successful? Whats going to stop him from doing it again and actually seriously hurting or killing your cat? You need to call!
  • Do not give them option for doubting you. Don't mention the possibility of it being a cat fight or that you have no proof. Keep your foot firm!
  • The pellet is probably still inside your kitty. Take it to the vet for an x-ray! That's dangerous!
  • And id call the cops about it and ask what you can do about it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @eskarne_339 I am about to go over there and ask him what he was planning on shooting when he shot my cat and if he tries to deny it then I will call the cops.

@kara_lamek Mom and I are going to take her to the emergency vet clinic. Our reg vet is closed.

@ashleyfew I dont have any proof of him shooting the kitty, but I do the squirrels, will that work?
  • Good idea! Im sorry about your cat! Id be livid if someone did that to my chloe bear! I really would trip out!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If thw pellet is still in your cat and you have proof he's shooting squirrels with a pellet gun,you have all the proof you need how irresponsible of him to be shooting in such close proximity to his neighbors!
  • I wish we had a free kill card, mine would have been used a loooooong time ago
  • @kara_lamek yes! I never really liked cats until the one I had since I was in kindergarten died while I was in the hospital during my senior year and my bf at the time got me this one and she has meant everything to me, and I couldnt imagine her gone. I just want to kill that man.

@ashleyfew I have, every time we clean it and everything a picture is taken.

@brendalou we wil definitely be having a conversation with our neighbor tomorrow!

@snreda shoooot me too! but then I am sure I wouldnt have it now, when I needed it!!!
  • Did you take your kitty to the vet? What happened?
  • @smcox Yeah, and the vet didnt see the bullet, but says it is a bullet wound & what we were doing is good by cleaning it & such. We called the cops and they gave him a "warning" erghh
  • I would call the cops each time he shoots! Next time it could be a person he hits! That is dangerous!
  • :-( Poor kitty! I hope they do something about it! Did the vet give the cat anything for his wounds? It really could kill it and I dont want that :(
  • Ov no I hope kitty is ok and I would file charges against that guy and post up flyers all around the neighborhood letting everyone know what happened
  • @usafwife_21 @Junebuggbabie85 My mom and dad looked everywhere for her this morning, and my mom finally called me about 8 to come look for her & she is no where to be found. I'm hoping that she is just trying to fix her own wounds, but I dont think that will be the case. The Vet told us what we were doing was fine (alcohol/peroxide & neosporin) and to do that until the scab formed, which it did. Now I dont know what to do. ): my poor chihuahua knows that the kitty is missing too, she went all over they yard whining trying to find her ):

We have a neighborhood newsletter that goes out once a month and anyone can write in it, so we will definitely be warning people of him.
  • :( awhhh I hope kitty comes back!
  • Not to worry you or anything, but sometimes animals leave to find a peaceful place to pass on.... Unless she does this often then its not a big deal! I hope she comes home soon though :)
  • Yea call the police if some one did that to my dog id be furious too:)
  • Oh no I hope she hasn't gone to find her resting place ugh I would kill that a hole
  • @2ndbutfirst @Junebuggbabie85 @darknesofnight4u @usafwife_21 @sunshinelove

My old cat ran off to find a place to die peacefully, so I knew that could be a possibility. I got this kitty with an ex boyfriend after having staph infection in my foot & missing my first semester of senior year (literally) missed every single day except the first three (5 surgeries missing achilles tendon & a picc line in my arm). After a surgery and a two day stay in the hospital, my childhood cat had ran away and I could not handle it. One day the ex came over with this little white fluff ball and everything was perfect! Now I just cant help but wonder if we had of left the golf ball size lump alone, would she still be here now? Or would she be hurting even more from infection eating her from the inside out? Would she have lived through the night for me to get her to the vet this morning, or would she have died no matter what? When I left her last night, she was super woozy- I dont know if it was from the alcohol or peroxide getting into her blood stream or if it was from pain. I read today on the back of the bottles "do not put into puncture wounds" fan-damn-tastic. I just cant help to think that we did it to her, but not purposely, all we were trying to do is help her. I havent given up hope yet, but I know the chances are running slim. My poor chihuahua just walks outside and whines. The cat was on the swing last time Bella (my chihuahua) saw her, and now everytime we go out to go potty, she runs to the swing and just whines. It kills me. Mom wants to get another kitty, but I am too scared to. =((

Sorry for having a freakin mental breakdown on y'all. I am just at a loss of what to do. My head is just going in circles. :(
  • Just keep your head up you did the right thing you were compassionate and trying to help your kitty..I pray that it's just gone off to heal and will be back