sleeping through night

edited September 2011 in Ages & Stages
my baby is ten weeks old and eats 2-3 oz every 2 hours day and night!! is anyone else's babies like this?

Comments

• Mine but she's only 3 weeks old.
  • Are you bf or formula?
  • formula. @mnbaby3
    @McKinleesMama i think its normal for a three week old lol. i just thought by now most babies sleep longer periods at night
  • My first didn't until he was around 6 months and my second still wakes up once at 23 months.
  • @Bahamamama4828 im not expecting her to sleep through the night just yet just more than 2 hours lol. my son at this age ate every 4 to 5 hours a night but i understand all babies are different
  • Have you tried upping the feedings? Or if seems like baby is falling asleep take off some clothes or tickle feet to wake up and finish feeding?Otherwise I heard there is a formula that is for night time that is supposed to keep them fuller longer..I'm sorry I can't remember the name but maybe someone else remembers?? Sorry if this doesn't help..
  • I have read the night time formula is linked to sids so it will get taken off shelves
  • Yikes! Haven't heard that..good to know I breastfeed so not up on formulas..just remember that from an old post. Thanks for letting me know so I don't suggest it anymore!
  • Ya it supposedly puts baby into a deeper sleep :/ ill try to find the article
  • U could try giving her a pat on the back the fist time she wakes. they dont really start sleeping that long till about 4 mths or so.. Its actually a good thing for her to wake 3-4x a night
  • @mnbaby3 she wont eat more than 2 or 3 oz ever even if she doesnt fall asleep and i dont want to make her if she isnt hungary.
    @lae3 my nephew was two months old when he would eat every four hours and also my friends baby was 6 weeks. and i know she will still wake up 3 to 4 times a night but if it was longer than 2 hours that would be nice lol i feel like im always feeding her lol
  • When I took my baby girl to the doc at 2 1/2 weeks old she said she should be eating 2.5 to 3oz every 2 to 3 hours...I'm thinking it may help to feed ur baby a little more at each feeding like 3.5 or 4 oz and that should get him/her more time between feedings...with my son, at 3 months we stopped giving him that middle of the night feeding and just soothed him with a pacifier and rocking and he eventually quit waking since he wasn't going to get food, but make sure that they are getting enough during the day to make up for the lost feeding at night cuz they still need the same amount of formula as if they didn't skip feeding at night.
  • Just read ur last post, ur baby may be one that likes to "snack" rather than eat to get real full...I'm sure she will grow out of it soon, I know how difficult it is to get anything done when u feel like all you are doing is feeding baby!
  • Oh yes I no my 1st had days and nights mixed for the 1st month then still woke up 3-4 x a night till he was 5mths old and my 18mth olds still wakes up most nights at least 1ce ..
  • @gsmommy yea thats what im thinking. im hoping so bc i feel like i never get to get anything done lol
  • My son is six weeks and eats 5 oz. every 3 hours sometimes at night he will go 4 hours
  • @lae3 she doesnt really have her days and nights mixed up at all. like at night i feed her every two hours and she goes to bed after every time. and then about 8am she stays up until like noon and will take a small nap and so on but she eats round the clock every two hours wheather she i sleeping or awake
  • @augustbaby i would love to get 3 to 4 hours straight of sleep!! your so lucky
  • @due_in_july i know how that feels, I breastfeed my 3week old daughter every three hours but it takes her at least an hour to eat...I feel like that's all I do, so I don't get much of anything done and don't get me started on the lack of sleep...
  • @gsmommy oh i know!!! i breastfed when she was born and she ate every half hour to hour
  • Good luck!!!
  • @augustbaby thank you it is very much needed for my sanity :-))
  • I understand...his first few weeks I was feeding him until its was time to start over agqin!!
  • @due_in_july does she spit up a lot or projectile vomit? My son has reflux and before he was on meds he wanted to eat alllll the time either due to hunger or comfort. He is just now upon occasion starting to sleep 3-5 hours....i live for those times! Lol I know all about lack of sleep..I'm so used to him being up that if he actually sleeps I wake up paranoid something is wrong! Lol maybe she just has a lil tummy and just eats enough to not be "hungry"...she likes to graze instead...good luck and hope you get some sleep soon!
  • The lady at the hospital suggested to me to not schedule babies feedings.. but whatever works i guess
  • My baby is 10 weeks today but hes 14lbs and eats 6oz every 2-3 hrs durin the day but sleeps all night..
  • @mnbaby3 no she never spits up
    @kritten_octoberbby i dont schedule her feedings. thats just when she eats
    @karla_with_a_k sounds like he is filling up all day to sleep at niht. smart boy lol
  • He slept 5great hours last night!!!
  • @augustbaby wow. my daughter slept 3!! i was excited lol
  • We r making progress!!!!