tips for potty training

edited September 2011 in Potty Training
My son just turned 2 Sept 19 but I so think he's ready. He brings me a diaper any time he wet and when he's poopy he just takes off his diaper (gross I know) anyways we go and sit on the potty a lot durning the day but he refuses to go on the potty. He gets down puts a pull up on then pottys in the pull up. Any ideas to get himbto potty on the potty?

Comments

• Make it a game. My parents did sticker charts and prizes. And I heard someone say they used cheerios in the toilet and played target practice lol
  • For my son we gave a reward for going! Went online and got a bulk of small animals and cars for him to pick through and after he went 5 times he got a bigger toy like from the dollar store. And then as he got better at it we moved it up to 10 times then a bigger toy! And so on! And for pooping a bigger toy everytime and as he got better it went up to every 5 times he went. Till he was trained and we told him when he was a "big boy" he got to pick a day of fun. We went to a movie and a day at the indoor playground! It worked great! Good luck!
  • @mommyb3 that sounds like a good idea but sounds like troublen my oldest would be very jealous if the two yr old got new toys and he didn't. I wish he was as easy as my first!1
  • @blessedbe_x3
    yea we went through that when training our daughter but we told our son that he is already a big boy and now its time for his sister to be a big girl and if he can help then he gets to go to the day of fun too! But that means no whining when she got a new toy! And it shockingly worked and as we did her training he would get a reward once a month for being a great big brother and helping! And again it was always something small! And thats our plan to do again with my older two once we go to train this baby but thats two years plus away!
  • Put a little of dish soap and tell him to make bubbles or use cherios and have him aim for them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.