Anyone out there still feel nauseous in the 2nd trimester?

edited September 2011 in Second Trimester
OK, is there any one out there who is on the 4th month but still experiences nausea which they say usually disappears after the 1st trimester? Plus, now the joint and muscle aches have kicked in? I know I should be glad that my pregnancy is normal, but this nagging nausea is in the background ALL DAY, and commuting to and back from work is so hard, and I don't have energy to do anything.

Also feel a bit guilty because I don't even have energy to feel excited about it. When people heard about the news they usually lit up and asked me "aren't you excited?" Well, I am not. I am tired of feeling sick, and I am not even 4 months pregnant yet!!

Feel like people who are closest to me can't really understand me now. They want you to say "great" when they ask how you are feeling, and genuinely worry when you tell them the truth. One close (single with no child) friend even told me to "enjoy it" when I told the symptoms I am suffering, the other tried to get me to soldier on until I started gagging....

It is indeed a time for reflection. Never thought pregnancy would be like this. I understand now why ill people become depressed, and I have a new found respect for mothers, women and really female animals even!

Hope your pregnancy is going better!

Comments

• Im 34 weeks and have nausea, extreme backaches, hips hurting, sharp pains in my vag, stretch marks, reflux, gas, and on n on.. But you know what? ITS TOTALLY WORTH ALL OF IT! I couldnt be happier :)
  • Girl I'm 37 weeks and have literally thrown up every single day of my pregnancy. In my first trimester i was sick all day long. I couldnt wait until my second trimester but i still got sick at some point during the day. There is absolutely nothing i can do to prevent it: ( but i got through it by thinking "this is only temporary and its for a good cause"
  • I was sick well into 23 or so weeks. Dont' feel bad about not responding "great" when people ask how you feel.. I felt like shit for 23 weeks. I couldn't get off the couch without throwing up.. all day long. I threw up 3-4 times a day. So don't feel bad because you really aren't feeling great. Pregnancy is rough.. and most people don't even realize what a female goes through to bear children. Its hard.
  • Thx ladies! Just needed to be heard by people who can understand. Best of luck to you and god bless!
  • edited September 2011
    I'm 35+4 with #2 and still nauseous everyday. I vomit 4-5 times a week. With #1 I was the same way...all the way to the end. I hope it ends soon for you!
  • My morningnoonnight sickness didn't go away until like 7 1/2 months:( it sucked I sure was glad when that was over
  • I had morning sickness with my son until the 25th or 26th week. This time around, I get random sickness, like a 30-60 second warning before vomiting. :( I hope you get to feeling better!
  • I was sick till my 7th month with baby #2 and baby number #1 the whole 9 months.
  • My first baby I didn't have any morning sickness what-so-ever. This time I thought I was going to be lucky and not have it again but around 12 weeks I started getting it. thankfully it only lasted til about 18 weeks.
  • When I was preggo I didn't really start getting sick till the end of my first trimester and did not stop till I was almost 6 months