stranger danger

edited September 2011 in Ages & Stages
My 4 month old is going through her stranger danger phase which everyone says she is way young to be going through that phase but if anyone that she doesn't know well holds her she cries and cries until she is back in my arms..the only people she wants holding her is me, daddy, sister, or my parents..sometimes she likes my bf brother but I think its because he kind of looks like my bf but if anyone else n she cries...how do I break her of this or will she get over it on her own? Please help

Comments

• It's normal mommy. Some get over it, some don't as easy.
  • Do all babies go through that?
  • All babies I have known but some don't go through it until they are older my cousins son is going through it at 16 months
  • My son started doing that to. He isn't doing it as bad anymore. He only did it for like a week though.

Whenever people talk to him that he doesn't know he starts crying.
  • I just feel like it hurts some peoples feelings she knows my parents better then his n she cries with tears when his mom tries to hold her then they call her a brat she isn't a brat she just doesn't know them well..she started like a month ago..sometimes she isn't bad n other times she wants no part of anyone but us
  • My son did that when he was 5months old which i guess was still early. Normally that starts at 6mos according to his pediatrician. He didn't get over it easy. He 3 now and he still gets nervous with people he doesn't know.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope she grows out of it I think if they would try to play with her or feed her she might warm up to them but his family is not like that if she starts getting fussy straight back to me she goes