Denying teens pp papsmears..

edited September 2011 in Teen moms
So when i went for my 6 week checkup they told me they wernt giving teens paps anymore cuz of all the positive testings for hpv. Which i tested positive for when i was 15.. WTF -wv

Comments

• They didn't do a pap at my 6 week, never mentioned it. She did check my cervix but that was it. Is it normal to get one then?
  • Wow thats crazy I had my 1st son when I was 16 and they never denyed me but that was 7 yrs ago times have really changed
  • @akmommy idk if they do always.. I asked because of the hpv and they said no.

• In the UK the age for regular smears has now been upped to 25 from 20 and you then get a 3 yearly recall! Unless of course you have a problem! And we don't get smears unless there is a massive problem while pregnant or within at least three months of giving birth as pregnancy hormones can give unreadable or false positive results. I think the age rise is disgusting but I can see the sense in the pregnancy one
  • @littlenat86 it used to b once a year you get one as soon as ur sexually active. and you had to hav one to get bc.. Idk what the deal is now..
  • I got one at my pp visit.. thatts effin weird. I would tell them you want one to make sure everythings okay
  • Im from australia and have a womens health care nurse that i see and shes offered me pap tests heaps of times but i've just felt to weird bout gettin one but def gettin one after i have bub and im only 16 :)
  • I am 15 and my doctor won't do pap tests until your 21.
  • Im 27 and didn't get one at my pp visit
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not scheduled for one until 6 months pp
  • I've never had a pap done at my pp check up and I've had 3 babies
  • I'm 17 and my doctor said they weren't going to give me one bc I'm not old enough to need one, but she did check my cervix. I don't see the big deal, what is it? Is it life threatening if you don't have one?
  • If you have had children I think you should have one at your yearly. I had my son in May & my doc will do one in Dec when I go back for my yearly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my first pap at 14 when I started birth control and I got one every year after that I also only go to an obgyn I don't let a normal doc go there
  • I remember it was that you were supposed to go get a pap after u lose your virginity .

@minirip right thats what i thought.. she felt my cervix but thats all..

@mumma_to_be im 17

@shelshay had my first pap at 15 and found out i had HPV :(
  • @ teeniemommy checks for cervicle cancer and abnormalitys makes sure ur hoo has healthy. I guess Hpv is like supppper common because alot of times theres no symptoms :(
  • My doc said I won't get one til I'm 21 in 4 months n I'm due Oct
  • I lost my virginity at 13 (don't judge there's more to the story :/) and I got a pap every year. Then last year I went for my yearly check up n they told me I was too young to have one (20) I was like huh? I've been getting them for years! And the nurse told me its some new law that u can't get a pap till ur 21 and they dont do them every year anymore unless u have like cervical cancer or something like that....which I think is completely stupid....
  • Well im glad it wasn't like that when I was a teen, I had to have stage 3 cells removed when I was only 19... if that law were implemented in Australia when I was in my teens I could have ended up not just having day surgery to remove the cells but having full blown cancer instead. Because im only 24 and had so many problems I have to go in yearly to a gyno and have a colposcopy (sp?) done which is like a really invasive long papsmear.
    When did cancer cells start having an age limit?
  • @teeniemommy when they do a papsmear they check for cervical cancer and abnormal cells.
  • I got my first at 18 and found out i had the strain of hpv that causes cancer and i had to have the pre cancerous cells burned off with a cryotherapy.. wat if i was denied? I would probably have cervical cancer right now.. wtf y are they doing this? What if a young girl has it and doesnt know it? What if she has a std that lies dormat and doesn't show any signs of symptoms and causes infertility.. smh thats just sad