Rolling over

edited October 2011 in Rolling Over
What are some signs that baby is going to start rolling over soon? Both front to back and back to front?

Comments

• What my son would do is arch his back and kick his legs and hed roll to his side. Now he goes straight from back to belly. My mom told me they usually go tummy to back first. My son,just learned to do that. He well put one arm to the side and kick and then hes on his back.
  • How old was your son when he started rolling over?
  • my son never showed signs of "about to start" rolling over. the day he turned three months old he was on his tummy (fixin 2 go 2 bed) and he just rared his little head back and flipped over...he had trouble getting his legs all the way over but he did it! he's had an ear infection since then and hasnt been much for playing..he just wants 2 swing..so we havent got to explore the whole rolling over business juyst yet!
  • Which way do they go first (most of the time, I know all babies are different)? And how old are they usually? My daughter is only 6 weeks and she's constantly trying to go from her back to her tummy. She can get the bottom half of herself over, but she can't figure out what to do with her arms to get the top half over, too. Lol, its cute to watch because she gets so irritated when she can't do what she wants to!
  • most babies go from tummy to back first, but some do it the other way around. My little man is 4 months old and hasn't rolled over yet