baby constantly eatting?!

edited October 2011 in Ages & Stages
My daughter is 17 weeks old and has yet to sleep through the night...she wants a bottle every few hours even when I feed her 6 oz and baby cereal at least once a day...she should be sleeping through the night or close to it but she wakes up every few hours to eat..what do I do to get her on a normal schedule?? I need help I'm a ftm..should I start only letting her eat every 5-6 hours even when she acts hungry?

Comments

• Well she has slept through the night like 10x but not for at least a month or longer..
  • Idk what will help, sorry but I'll bump for ya.
  • I would say feed her every 5 hrs.. my duaghter is 7 weeks old today and she eats 4 oz every 4 hrs. Only wakes up twice at night to eat. Or maybe its just a phase?
  • I wouldn't make her wait if she's hungry sooner....babies go into starvation mode if they wait too long ..they won't feel satisfied and will want to keep eating til sick.
  • Maybe it could be because she is teething
  • I went through this with my 1st daughter who is now 4yrs old. I have a 7 week old daughter also. My 4 yr old never slept through the night I tried everything I was so frustrated & thought I was doing something wrong. I talked to her Dr I got advice from my friends, my mom, my mil & my sister still nothing worked. I finally just decided to go with it & rest when she slept. Now with my 7 week old she sleeps through the night. I think every baby is different & I also think its because I'm more relaxed this time. I know what you're going through & I know its hard but just try & relax & rest whenever you can!! It does get easier it just takes time. Also maybe try keeping her up more during the day, maybe a warm bath at night with Lavender soap. I hope she sleeps through the night soon :)