nipple flow ? for bottles

edited October 2011 in Ages & Stages
My son will be 7 weeks on Tuesday and the past week or so when he eats he sometimes chokes and gets frustrated then he begins chewing on the nipples. I use the playtex drop ins (hopefully I can go back to bf again soon). The nipples r slow flow but I think they r too slow for him now. But the packs say don't go to fast flow til 3 months and I've never seen medium flow nipples. Is it ok to give him faster flow nipples or make him wait til he's 3 months old even tho he doesn't like them anymore?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @mama0811 bump again :)
  • There's medium flow. . Try those
  • U can always try the faster flow but be very careful cause baby can choke too. Or before u try the faster flow, pierce another little hole with a needle on the slow flow n see how he does with that
  • But if he chokes I'd think that he's getting too much or eating too fast.
  • @kingsmama go online to the playtex site u can order medium flow nipples it is what we had to do w our 2nd daugther.
  • @letysfirst and @lily_glz sorry I should have worded that better. He's not choking cuz its too fast, he's choking cuz he's trying to suck so hard to get the milk out that he breathes super heavy and swallows a bunch of air and then starts choking on it. I can see the frustration in his face :( where can I get medium flow nipples, cuz I haven't seen any? I'll try poking a hole in one he has now to see if that helps any :)
  • @3girls_0boys awesome thanks :) do u know how many holes they have in them? Cuz I don't want it to be too fast of a flow for him. I only seen slow and fast flow and I think the fast flow would be way too much for him to handle just yet.
  • @kingsmama I believe there is 2 but not totally sure also if u r using the natural that is where u will find med in natural as well I went to 10 different stores looking for them and all I could find was the silicone in med but I had already tried them and she wouldn't take the bottle so I had to special order the natural.
  • @3girls_0boys see my son is the opposite. He doesn't care for the natural ones he likes the silicone ones. But I still haven't seen medium flow ones yet. Maybe I'm not seeing them lol but I haven't checked out babies r us yet either, just grocery stores, Walmart and Target. My son doesn't have nipple confusion either he can go from bottle to breast without a problem at all. He prefers my breasts tho but I gotta stop these pos meds and get on reglan before I can start to bf again. I still have milk tho and I want him to bf cuz I love the bonding experience plus those 2am feedings r easier to just drag him in bed with me and latch on and I doze back off :)
  • Ppd meds my bad lol!
  • I wouldn't switch the flow if he was already choking on it. Also if are trying to go back to bf a fast flow is not gonna help.
  • @socalMOMMA2boys read the post I made a bit further down I worded things wrong.
  • Gotcha maybe try a different bottle if changing the flow doesn't work